Go Down

Topic: Why Discord? (Read 622 times) previous topic - next topic

UKHeliBob

I don't think it is possible to search answered questions in discord
You can search Discord whilst logged into Discord but apparently not for text.  Nuts or what ?

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

blulightshow

You can search Discord whilst logged into Discord but apparently not for text.  Nuts or what ?

You can type anything into the search box to search for text through the entire server, Discord is just showing you additional filters.

UKHeliBob

Thanks.  It's not exactly obvious though is it, not that I am a fan of the recently "improved" search here !

Why isn't Discord data included in a general Google search ?  I would have thought it a good way to attract users
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

ballscrewbob

A little late to this party but my thanks to Bluelight for engaging with us so openly.

Hopefully people will or can see that the differences are quite wide and that we are in fact both part of a larger community.

We have our problems engaging with Arduino and they have some of the very same problems we do in that regards.

As both communities seem to agree on a joint link to both sides I will try my best to approach that in the back room (no promises) but I will refer to this post to confirm we can WORK TOGETHER for a larger good of the community.

Not going to chase down any other things said but just wanted to add my thoughts.

Bob,.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

cattledog

Hello! I contacted Arduino Support and they suggested I start here with my questions.
Quote from forum post https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=710185.0

What, "Arduino Support" didn't get the memo about Discord?

ballscrewbob

Oct 21, 2020, 07:16 pm Last Edit: Oct 21, 2020, 07:19 pm by ballscrewbob
This is  the spanish inquisition...NOBODY gets the memo.   :D

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up