Go Down

Topic: MFRC522 stops working after some hours (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

6v6gt

. . .

Also, how do I add it to the gallery you have linked @6v6gt?
. . .
At the most basic level, you simply open a new thread in that (sub) forum in the same way as you opened this thread here in the "General Electronics" forum.
Good is to provide sufficient information so that it is clear what it does and, for those who so wish, how to build it.
Ideal would be:
General Description, with feature list and picture(s)
Schematic
Parts list (if not clear from the schematic)
Code

This is one example I put in there, but it not necessary to go down to the same level of detail to provide something useful and/or interesting for others: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=693007.0

alexoort

Alright, cool!

I also built an entire website for the project using PHP, HTML, MySQL, etc... 

Should I share this as well even though it's not Arduino-related?

Kind regards, 
Alex

p.s. love the mail detector idea :)

sterretje

If you feel like it, you can add the website codes etc. I would think that providing some images of the website should be sufficient.

It's part of your project so if I were you, I would add something ;)
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

6v6gt

Alright, cool!

I also built an entire website for the project using PHP, HTML, MySQL, etc...

Should I share this as well even though it's not Arduino-related?

Kind regards,
Alex

p.s. love the mail detector idea :)
Ok thanks and I agree with @sterretje.

I did one project, also with a similar web interface, using an esp8266 and an Internet Lamp server service, and published all design details with the code including php, html and the MySQL table and view structure. There is not a huge amount of html because, for updating configuration tables etc., I use the built in php admin functions. It is here, a telephone spam filter : https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=528459.0

I guess you then have then moved the tables with card ID, name etc. from progmem to sql tables.

alexoort

Hey,

sorry for opening this thread again, but when I changed my code to enable the LCD screen, the compiler spit out the following warnings:
Code: [Select]
/Users/alexoort/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MFRC522/src/MFRC522Extended.cpp: In member function 'MFRC522::StatusCode MFRC522Extended::TCL_Transceive(MFRC522Extended::TagInfo*, byte*, byte, byte*, byte*)':
/Users/alexoort/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MFRC522/src/MFRC522Extended.cpp:824:29: warning: ordered comparison of pointer with integer zero [-Wextra]
  if (backData && (backLen > 0)) {
                             ^
/Users/alexoort/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MFRC522/src/MFRC522Extended.cpp:847:30: warning: ordered comparison of pointer with integer zero [-Wextra]
   if (backData && (backLen > 0)) {
                              ^
/Users/alexoort/Documents/Arduino/libraries/LiquidCrystal_I2C-master/LiquidCrystal_I2C.cpp: In member function 'void LiquidCrystal_I2C::begin(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
/Users/alexoort/Documents/Arduino/libraries/LiquidCrystal_I2C-master/LiquidCrystal_I2C.cpp:71:39: warning: unused parameter 'cols' [-Wunused-parameter]
 void LiquidCrystal_I2C::begin(uint8_t cols, uint8_t lines, uint8_t dotsize) {

^~~~
In file included from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp:8:0:
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t DNSClient::BuildRequest(const char*)':
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Ethernet/src/utility/w5100.h:457:25: warning: result of '(256 << 8)' requires 18 bits to represent, but 'int' only has 16 bits [-Wshift-overflow=]
 #define htons(x) ( (((x)<<8)&0xFF00) | (((x)>>8)&0xFF) )
                      ~~~^~~
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/Ethernet/src/Dns.cpp:164:18: note: in expansion of macro 'htons'
  twoByteBuffer = htons(QUERY_FLAG | OPCODE_STANDARD_QUERY | RECURSION_DESIRED_FLAG);

The Arduino and the LCD screen still work well, but I was wondering whether this is something I should be worried about this.

Kind regards,
Alex

6v6gt

Only one of those warnings is from the LCD library and it warns of an unused parameter, which is untidy but usually harmless.

The one from the MFRC522 Library appears to be a crude test to check if a pointer has been set and is probably harmless.

The one from the Ethernet library appears to be a rough attempt to swap two bytes in a word. I guess the author knows what he is doing.

Usually with mature libraries, if everything appears to work, you can ignore the warnings. Important is, if your own code generates warnings, you should look carefully at them.

You always have the option of finding such libraries, that is the ones generating the warnings, on Github and opening an issue if you are concerned about them.

Go Up