Go Down

Topic: New forum instructions, feedback and comments (Read 4514 times) previous topic - next topic

UKHeliBob

will if it ever happens, involve DISCOURSE
Is that different to Discord ?
Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

PerryBebbington

To be fair, I find the distinction between Discord and Discourse confusing.

Robin2

To be fair, I find the distinction between Discord and Discourse confusing.
There may not be much difference in the names. But Discourse is a software product for creating a Forum - another that comes to mind is phpBB.  This Forum is currently built on SMF. This website is one of many that compares Forum software

Discord is a website where you can make comments.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

ballscrewbob

The two terms are self explanatory.

One is for a more polite conversation and the other is a cacophony of noise.  :smiley-lol:

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

centralcoast1

I have noticed that there have been a lot of bumps in the digital goods section that are done more often then every 24 hours. The solution to these is to report them to get them deleted (this part is easy).

I have also noticed that several threads seem to get random people asking random questions in threads and then never coming back to the thread, nor appear to have any actual interest in what is being sold. From what I can tell these posts are made at approximate times where the thread would appear towards the bottom of the first page or somewhere after the 1st page; not only that but the original poster will not respond until the thread will have fallen to a similar place (I have not had a chance to do a study on this, I was planning on doing so, however it seems that bump spam has gotten worse in recent times)

ballscrewbob

@centralcoast1

Certainly if you think an account is nefarious in any way use the "Report to Moderator" button.
We take all reports from users and investigate.

Frivolous reports may get ignored but each is looked at to determine its validity.

Including links for the offending post and any related content is especially helpful.

Bob.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

emilyhoward

Feb 20, 2021, 05:49 am Last Edit: Feb 23, 2021, 08:35 am by emilyhoward
To be able to download free ringtones for your phone you can access at sonnerie par msonneries with many good songs, hottest of the year 2021, many genres for you to choose from.

GiovanniG11

Hi! What is going on here? I do believe I've used this account in past, now it seems I can't reply here:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=579136.0
if I quote a message it displays the page for doing my first post
I can't find any my previous message posted

ballscrewbob

@GiovanniG11

But you just replied.

If you had not used the account for a very long time you may (occasionally) be subject to the "First post" topic but should be OK after that.

GiovanniG11

eppfel

Long-time lurker in this forum and I just wanted to say those are some really nice written instructions.

Go Up