AAG Weather Station - RS485 version

draythomp:
Also, what the heck are the LEDs for? Do they show wind direction or something? Or, is it just to annoy the neighbors?

Yes. To annoy the neighbors. :stuck_out_tongue: They are independently controllable; out of the box they just alternate blinking (red, blue, both). Perhaps intended as a warning to passing Zeppelins.

It's a very ...quirky device. Those LEDs are really, seriously bright, and AFAIK serve no practical purpose whatsoever. I've got the 1-Wire variant of this station and the first thing I did was to harvest those LEDs for other projects.

draythomp:
Interesting though how they split the line off to various devices. I couldn't tell for sure, did you get all the pieces, or do you have to buy the temperature/humidity, barometer and rain gauge separately?

The device has temperature, light level, anemometer and wind direction built in. Other functions need to be added on. I have a UV level detector and rain gauge on the roof, humidity and pressure under the eaves. This is utterly painless to add with 1-Wire, would be interested in hearing if it's as straightforward with the RS485 variant.