Go Down

Topic: Magic! Need device created for magic  (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

bravo11

Hello all,  :) :)

I'm having some trouble and some fun at the same time! :)

I want and Need a device that can be powered with a battery ("base device"). The base device will send a signal to another device that will vibrate ("pocket device") also battery powered.

In short:  The base device will need to be small and built to fit into the bottom of a cup or pencil holder.  Markers will be placed into the cup.  Upon removing a marker, the base device will send a short-range signal to the pocket device.  The pocket device will vibrate a certain count depending on the marker color that was removed.   

This already exists -- An actual real working product already exists for sale:
1 >>>> https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/H256fdda0791d4558824bb0257c419c7dW.jpg
2 >>>> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000240390701.html

But I want to create it using Crayola markers:
here >>>> https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51w3KHp4zlL._AC_.jpg

My concept is the Crayola markers will be altered by opening the backside and inserting a RFID or some other device.

The markers will be placed into the pencil holder on the Base Device. When the "red" marker is removed from the cup, the base device will send a signal to the pocket device and vibrate 1 time.  
For example:
Red marker - 1 vibrate
Green - 2 vibrates
Blue - 3 vibrates
Yellow 4vibrates
Purple 5vibrates
Orange 6vibrates
Brown 7vibrates
Black 0 vibrates
(whatever marker)

Again, the product already exists, but I am wanting to make it so it can be used with Crayola makers or even other objects in the future.

I was working with an Arduino microcontroller using a small 2.4GHz Wireless RF Transceiver Module, and RFID scanner -- and using small RFID tags in Crayola marker bottoms.   I was having a lot of fun but I'm not able to make this type of project come to life.  Time to let a more experienced minds help.  

The base device can be powered by a small rechargeable lithium battery or small 3volt batteries.  The pocket device would probably need to be powered by small rechargeable lithium.
This pencil holder will be altered to hide the base device under it:
something like this >>>> https://www.amazon.com/Pencil-Holder-Height-Durable-Metal/dp/B08CRL21M5/

I hope I explained all of this and it is understandable.

The trouble is I do not own how to put something like this together and also I'm thinking there will be issues with the RFID idea.  The RFID scanner will be disguised in the pencil holder base device. It will quickly scan all of the RFIDs in the markers (continually scan all of them every half-second or 500 microseconds), then when it detects a missing RFID tag scan it will detect the expected change and send a signal of the missing marker to the pocket device. RFID tags can be very small and will fit into the back of a Crayola marker.

What do you think.. is that 100% possible? For example, the RFID scan is looking for RFID #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 tags,, then when the scan only detects RFID 1, 2, 3, ?, 5, 6, 7 ... #4 is missing so it sends out the signal. This is nice because if two markers are removed at the same time both could be detected.

I am worried about RFID. I didn't think it is possible to have an RFID scanner read the 7 or 8 different RFID tags in the markers rapidly fast in microseconds. My RFID scanner can only do 1 scan every 2000-3000 microseconds.

Thank you for taking the time to fully read the entire description.

iseoni

Nov 06, 2020, 03:17 am Last Edit: Nov 06, 2020, 03:19 am by iseoni
I hope I explained all of this and it is understandable.

The trouble is I do not own how to put something like this together and also I'm thinking there will be issues with the RFID idea.  The RFID scanner will be disguised in the pencil holder base device. It will quickly scan all of the RFIDs in the markers (continually scan all of them every half-second or 500 microseconds), then when it detects a missing RFID tag scan it will detect the expected change and send a signal of the missing marker to the pocket device. RFID tags can be very small and will fit into the back of a Crayola marker.

What do you think.. is that 100% possible? For example, the RFID scan is looking for RFID #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 tags,, then when the scan only detects RFID 1, 2, 3, ?, 5, 6, 7 ... #4 is missing so it sends out the signal. This is nice because if two markers are removed at the same time both could be detected.

I am worried about RFID. I didn't think it is possible to have an RFID scanner read the 7 or 8 different RFID tags in the markers rapidly fast in microseconds. My RFID scanner can only do 1 scan every 2000-3000 microseconds.

Thank you for taking the time to fully read the entire description.
I'm not sure what RFID reader you plan to use but mine for the TonUino isn't really all that speedy.  I've used the RFID reader and while it can be very fast if you're just sitting there it really isn't that fast to send a command. 

If you watch the videos on this product there is always a long lag between when the markers are taken.  Probably for good reason.

iseoni

As a note you also may want to think of a better way to communicate like morse code.  It would be very easy to loose track after 3 buzzes and if you are looking for 2 markers you have the issue of taking say, red, green, and blue out simultaneously and having the same value as orange

Go Up