Go Down

Topic: MKR ZERO POWER Question (Read 910 times) previous topic - next topic

dominicj

Hi, quick question to anyone who can help me out. I'm currently working on a project involving the MKR Zero and am thinking of powering the device through the Vin port. I know that the maximum operating/input voltage for this device is 3.3V. I will be powering the device through Vin using a battery pack (outputting ~4.5V) connected to a linear voltage regulator that is rated to output 3.3V. I decided to sanity test the LVR before powering the MKR Zero with it, and it outputs a steady 3.33V-3.34V. My question is, if my LVR is outputting 3.33V-3.34V, will this damage the board? If so, any advice/tips to reduce the voltage? I was thinking of adding a series resistor to lower the voltage, but I don't recall how to get the current... any help is appreciated.

ballscrewbob

@dominicj

Your topic was Moved  to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Go Up