Go Down

Topic: Braccio Robotarm several starting problems (Read 248 times) previous topic - next topic

rob_24

Hallo,
This is my first post here in this forum (and in any forum in general), so I hope I chose the right topic for my issues.
My first problem is that I have troubles with uploading a sketch to my arduino board, with the shield attached to it.
I always get the error: avrdude stk500_getsync( ) attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20

My current method to solve the problem is to upload the sketch to the board without the shield attached.
After that I put shield and board together and connect the powercord to my Braccio shield. With this method everything is functioning flawless.
But this can´t be the solution for ever... I also searched on youtube, google and this forum but found nothing
with my specific problem.

My second question: Is there any possibility teaching this robotarm without creating an own app (I´m not that familiar with coding. Thats why I try to get my self interested in it, by working with this robotarm). I watched a clip about this on the youtube arduino channel where some people asked the same question but got no response.

Information about Arduino board and the shield.:
Board: Arduino UNO R3 (without WIFI function)
Shield: Braccio Shield V4

Best regards
Rob

gilshultz

I can only venture a guess at this point but my first would be to be sure the Baud is set correctly and all are the same. It is possible you are getting a conflict on the serial pin that is connected to the shield. The serial pin 0 and 1 are used by the boot loader. This is a starting point, sorry I cannot be of more help.
This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

mhibdr

Hallo,
This is my first post here in this forum (and in any forum in general), so I hope I chose the right topic for my issues.
My first problem is that I have troubles with uploading a sketch to my arduino board, with the shield attached to it.
I always get the error: avrdude stk500_getsync( ) attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20

My current method to solve the problem is to upload the sketch to the board without the shield attached.
After that I put shield and board together and connect the powercord to my Braccio shield. With this method everything is functioning flawless.
But this can´t be the solution for ever... I also searched on youtube, google and this forum but found nothing
with my specific problem.

My second question: Is there any possibility teaching this robotarm without creating an own app (I´m not that familiar with coding. Thats why I try to get my self interested in it, by working with this robotarm). I watched a clip about this on the youtube arduino channel where some people asked the same question but got no response.

Information about Arduino board and the shield.:
Board: Arduino UNO R3 (without WIFI function)
Shield: Braccio Shield V4

Best regards
Rob

I can only venture a guess at this point but my first would be to be sure the Baud is set correctly and all are the same. It is possible you are getting a conflict on the serial pin that is connected to the shield. The serial pin 0 and 1 are used by the boot loader. This is a starting point, sorry I cannot be of more help.
Hello ,
I had the same Problem when i connect the an Bluetooth Module to my arduino unsing pins 1 and 0;
The problem is that pins 1 and 0 are using from usb port  to connect with to microcontroller that attached to Arduino Borad (in you case is ( ATmega328P ) )
and because they are used to connect with usb they are used to uploading the sketch. and when you connect any thing to them you loss your serial Communication ability
for this reasion you need to unplug every thing is connected to this pins while uploading the sketch then you can pulg them again.
if you want to learn more about this tow pins and more about Sreial Communication , i advice you to read this documantion form arduino Reference > Language > Functions > Communication > Serial
Muhammed El Ibrahim
    TMS(Technical Mechatronic Systems)
                              TAU

Go Up