Go Down

Topic: About Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense (Read 283 times) previous topic - next topic

krishan41

Hi All,

I am using Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense. I have successfully installed the board and got the out put for temperature and humidity. Now I want to show the temperature and humidity data to the web browser.

I am following the approach of creating the web server with Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense Board to host a web page which will display the data on web browser. Creating a web server require the Board to be connected to internet.

Now, I want to make sure is Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense have the built in WIFI feature?.
I also have the ethernet shield2, how can I connect ethernet shield 2 to Arduino Nano33 BLE Sense?

Any suggestion on "how to show Arduino Nano 33 BLE data to web browser" or "how to connect Arduino Nonao 33 BLE Sense to internet " will be appreciated.

Regards
Krishan Kumar

pert

Now, I want to make sure is Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense have the built in WIFI feature?.
No. It does not have a built-in WiFi feature, It only has built-in BLE (BlueTooth Low Energy) connectivity.

I also have the ethernet shield2, how can I connect ethernet shield 2 to Arduino Nano33 BLE Sense?
I don't have a definite answer for you on this. You do need to be careful not to expose the Nano 33 BLE to the 5 V voltage levels that are present on parts of the Ethernet Shield 2. I think it should be possible to do this though. If nobody has answered, I'll give it a try sometime this weekend when I have free time and let you know what I discover.

As for using the Ethernet library in your sketches, I did find that when I try to compile the library's WebServer example sketch for the Nano 33 BLE I get an error that seems to be caused by a name collision with the Ethernet.h file that is part of the Mbed OS core library of the Nano 33 BLE's boards platform. I was able to force the Arduino IDE to use the intended Ethernet.h file by changing this line of the sketch:
Code: [Select]
#include <Ethernet.h>
to this:
#include <EthernetServer.h>

The reason this works is because the file "EthernetServer.h" is unique to the Ethernet library. the Mbed OS core library does not contain a file of this name. So the Arduino IDE only has one choice of library to pick, the one the sketch was written for. The contents of the "EthernetServer.h" file is only this:"
https://github.com/arduino-libraries/Ethernet/blob/master/src/EthernetServer.h
#include "Ethernet.h"
So there is no need to also add an #include directive for Ethernet.h to your sketch.

krishan41

Hi Pert,

Thanks for your response.
I know that Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense works on 3.3 V. The Older Arduino Nano work on 5v.
Again the query is Can Ethernet shield 2 be used with Arduino Nano33 BLE Sense Board? 

Regards
Krishan Kumar

krishan41

My query is related to this topic on the forum "https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=650359.0".
Can anyone give the connection example of Arduino Nano 33 BLE/ Arduino Nano33 BLE Sense with wifi shield?

Regards
Krishan Kumar

pert

Are you using an ESP8266 running the AT firmware, as recommended in the forum topic you linked to?

About this:
If nobody has answered, I'll give it a try sometime this weekend when I have free time and let you know what I discover.
I saw somebody had replied to confirm that it works, so I didn't bother to try it out, but now I don't see that reply. I apologize if you were expecting me to post an update this weekend about using the Ethernet shield on the Nano 33 BLE.

Juraj

sorry I deleted my response because it was about 3.3 V Ethernet module, not the Ethernet shield 2

krishan41

I want to use Arduino Nano33 BLE Sense board. I also have ethernet shield2 for connecting the board to internet.
If Ethernet shield2 couldn't be connected with my board then I can go for wifi shield ESP8266 if it work for me.
I found these examples for connecting the wifi shield with arduino board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhDwg1GcK6g&ab_channel=Trybotics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw7eJnhDBQ8&ab_channel=GreatProjects

Please confirm if this will work in same way for arduino nano 33 ble sense board?.

Regards
Krishan Kumar

pert

I want to use Arduino Nano33 BLE Sense board. I also have ethernet shield2 for connecting the board to internet.
If Juraj was able to successfully use the Ethernet library with the Nano 33 BLE and W5500, then your shield should work fine.

I can go for wifi shield ESP8266 if it work for me.
That should work. It's actually a bit better of a situation with the Nano 33 BLE than when using the classic Nano because the classic Arduino Nano is a 5 V board, while the ESP8266 runs at 3.3 V, so it's not best practices to connect the classic Nano directly to the ESP8266 (though you will find lots of tutorials that tell you to do this). Since the Nano 33 BLE Sense is 3.3 V board, there is no logic level mismatch.

The significant difference between the classic Nano and the Nano 33 BLE Sense is that the RX and TX pins on the classic Nano are Serial, whereas on the Nano 33 BLE Sense they are Serial1. So if you find code that is using Serial to communicate between the Nano and the ESP8266, you'll need to change it to use Serial1 instead. This is actually much better because it means that you can use Serial to communicate with your computer for uploads and Serial Monitor without any concern of interference from having ESP8266 connected to that same serial interface, as you would with the classic Nano.

Juraj

Nov 24, 2020, 07:47 pm Last Edit: Nov 24, 2020, 07:48 pm by Juraj
That should work. It's actually a bit better of a situation with the Nano 33 BLE than when using the classic Nano because the classic Arduino Nano is a 5 V board, while the ESP8266 runs at 3.3 V, so it's not best practices to connect the classic Nano directly to the ESP8266 (though you will find lots of tutorials that tell you to do this). Since the Nano 33 BLE Sense is 3.3 V board, there is no logic level mismatch.

The significant difference between the classic Nano and the Nano 33 BLE Sense is that the RX and TX pins on the classic Nano are Serial, whereas on the Nano 33 BLE Sense they are Serial1. So if you find code that is using Serial to communicate between the Nano and the ESP8266, you'll need to change it to use Serial1 instead. This is actually much better because it means that you can use Serial to communicate with your computer for uploads and Serial Monitor without any concern of interference from having ESP8266 connected to that same serial interface, as you would with the classic Nano.
ideal for my WiFiEspAT library. (tested)
another tested option for Nano 33 BLE is a modified enc28j60 Nano shield (with level conversion IC removed) with my EthernetENC library.

krishan41

"If Juraj was able to successfully use the Ethernet library with the Nano 33 BLE and W5500, then your shield should work fine."

Can you please describe the connection process to connect the Arduino ethernet shield2 with Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense?. I have purchased both these devices.

Go Up