Go Down

Topic: How to get a existing sketch removed from a esp8266 nodemcu ? (Read 93 times) previous topic - next topic

g2m7

I have uploaded a sketch into a esp8266 nodemcu, but now I want to remove it. Basically reset and make it new.
NOTE: I don't want to overwrite it with another sketch.

Robin2

NOTE: I don't want to overwrite it with another sketch.
Why not?

That's the only way I know to remove a program.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

g2m7

Why not?
I want to control the nodemcu with a arduino now... one program for both so I want to remove the existing program from the nodemcu. Is it possible ?

Robin2

I want to control the nodemcu with a arduino now... one program for both so I want to remove the existing program from the nodemcu. Is it possible ?
You need to provide more detail.

If you want an Arduino to communicate with a nodemcu over a wired serial connection then there must be suitable programs running on both the nodemcu and the Arduino.

A microprocessor without a program can do nothing.

I am not familiar with the nodemcu. Perhaps it came with a program already installed that responds to commands from an Arduino and you overwrote that with your own program. If so, then you need to re-upload that original program.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up