Transistor switch for low voltage (0.2v), arduino mkr 1010 wifi

Hi,

I'm currently working on connecting an old espresso maker with an arduino mkr 1010, I am trying to hijack the buttons and use a transistor as switch to close the circuit without pressing the buttons on the machine.

The program is working when just trying to turn on and of leds. However when replacing the led circuit with the machines it stopped working. I realized that the led circuit was running on 3.3V and the machine was running on 0.2V. :confused: After some searching i found that the transistors cant handle that low voltage but could not find any solution for this.

Do you know what i could replace my transistors with?

Regards
CVHL

How did you find out that machine was running on 0.2V ? It sounds strange.

cvhl:
I realized that the led circuit was running on 3.3V and the machine was running on 0.2V. :confused:

No it wasn't! :roll_eyes:

Start with a full description, including pictures (taken in outside daylight, perfectly focused and no less than 4 Megapixels) and whatever circuit details you have determined.

Also - make sure to be specific about the details ----- since 'machine was running on 0.2V' is not very clear in the meaning.

cvhl:
Hi,

I'm currently working on connecting an old espresso maker with an arduino mkr 1010, I am trying to hijack the buttons and use a transistor as switch to close the circuit without pressing the buttons on the machine.

The program is working when just trying to turn on and of leds. However when replacing the led circuit with the machines it stopped working. I realized that the led circuit was running on 3.3V and the machine was running on 0.2V. :confused: After some searching i found that the transistors cant handle that low voltage but could not find any solution for this.

Do you know what i could replace my transistors with?

Regards
CVHL

No active device works at 0.2V.

This is a multiplexed switch array I suspect, with a low duty cycle so that the average voltage looks small.
An oscilloscope is needed to reverse engineer this for sure.

Have you thought to try an opto-coupler across the switches - try in either polarity, this ought to
be likely to work (being isolated you won't be using the wrong voltages for the circuit!)