Go Down

Topic: LCD module interface with ARDUINO (Read 238 times) previous topic - next topic

leslienorman

There are many types of LCD modules on the market, the most commonly used LCD screens you may know are 16x2 character LCD, 20 × 4 character LCD, Nokia 5110 LCD module, 128 × 64 graphic LCD display and 2.4 inch LCD touch screen.
I want a 16x2 LCD interface, which is a 2-row LCD display, can display a total of 32 characters in ASCII code on the screen, which means a row can display up to 16 characters. Similar to LCD 20x4, there will be 4 display rows, each row showing 20 characters like

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Paul__B

So you find it on Aliexpress.  What's the problem?

groundFungus

Yes, the I2C backpack on the 1602 or 2004 displays makes interfacing easier.  And the hd44780 library really helps to make using them nearly plug and play.

oswe

There are many types of LCD modules on the market, the most commonly used LCD screens you may know are 16x2 character LCD, 20 × 4 character LCD, Nokia 5110 LCD module, 128 × 64 graphic LCD display and 2.4 inch LCD touch screen.
I want a 16x2 LCD interface, which is a 2-row LCD display, can display a total of 32 characters in ASCII code on the screen, which means a row can display up to 16 characters. Similar to LCD 20x4, there will be 4 display rows, each row showing 20 characters like

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Im testing 20x4 lcd i2C and is very good... Pretty neat... :)

Ron_Blain

Amazon is loaded with the Sunfounder 20X4 with the I2C interface for about $5.00 EA. While I mention Sunfounder I have seen the very same module sporting a half dozen other names.  :)  Ebay is also loaded with the same units. 

Ron

Go Up