Go Down

Topic: Tensorflow Lite Micro_Speach Nano BLE Sense (Read 352 times) previous topic - next topic

cavu

I was successfully trying various sample sketches with the Nano BLE Sense without any issues.  I uploaded Tensorflow LIte Micro_Speach sketch to the Nano BLE Sense (IDE correctly located the COM path of the Nano). The upload failed and the IDE can now no longer identify the Nano BLE Sense on the COM (greyed out).  The USB cables, various ports have all been tested. The  IDE can identify other Arduino microprocessors as well as Particle, etc. so it is not the cable, USB, the computer or the IDE. Windows System can identify the Nano BLE properly.  No sensors external devices were attached to the Nano. I've tried reloading the board drivers. hitting reset multiple times, etc.

It appears the Nano failed or at least the bootloader. I don't see anyway to reprogram the bootloader.

Any ideas before I throw it away.....?
Thank you.

pert

The tricky thing about the boards with native USB functionality like your board is that the USB code that creates the CDC serial port is running on the same microcontroller as your sketch. This means your sketch code can break the USB code, or stop it from running.

Fortunately, there is an easy way to recover from this situation:
  • Press and release the reset button on your board quickly twice. You should now see the LED on the board pulsing, which means the bootloader is running. The double press causes the bootloader to run indefinitely (until the board is reset, powered off, or an upload is done), which means you don't need to get the timing of the reset just right.
  • Select the port of your board from the Tools > Port menu. The port number may be different when the bootloader is running so don't assume you already have the correct port selected.
  • Start an upload in the Arduino IDE.

The upload should now finish successfully. After this, you should be able to go back to doing normal uploads without needing to press the reset button. If you still need to do the reset trick to do uploads after this, the problem may be caused by your code. You can verify this by uploading a simple sketch like File > Examples > 01.Basics > BareMinimum.

I know you said you already tried hitting reset multiple times, but I think you probably either hit it more than twice, or else got the timing wrong. Please try again. I have seen other reports about that TensorFlow code causing this sort of thing on the Nano 33 BLE, and they were able to recover it with the double reset.

As for what it is in the code that might cause this issue, unfortunately I don't have enough experience in this area to be able to provide assistance. Hopefully someone else here on the forum will be able to help with that part.

cavu

You're brilliant.
I tried every combination of resetting including all the tricks that are needed with Particle MCs but not just simply hitting it twice quickly.....
thank you

cavu

Well....
i may have spoken too soon.
The Com port is now visible after double tapping reset as you suggest.
the program is now able to compile and upload to the Nano 33 BLE Sense
no errors 
except the Com port is no longer visible after the upload
I tap the reset once as recommended with no success
without the Com port, can't use the serial monitor.
LED is flashing 3 long then a burst of 4 quick flashes.
sorting through the various libraries and sub-libraries, I don't see this as an error message of tensorflow
(trying multiple times to upload the program, occasionally i do get the error message "error opening serial com10"
if i tap twice, i get the com port back but program lost or the serial port output.
So i tried a simpler example program, SimpleAccelerometer written for the Nano 33 BLE Sense
but get back "error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE"
(same for a number of the other examples)
Board Info correctly identifies the microcontroller as a Nano 33 BLE
made sure all libraries are correct and current version
the Com port is still visible.
so I then tried...
a simple program like blink which will work
any further ideas other than getting another "sense"
thank you

ballscrewbob

@cavu

Your topic was Moved  to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

pert

LED is flashing 3 long then a burst of 4 quick flashes.
sorting through the various libraries and sub-libraries, I don't see this as an error message of tensorflow
No, it's from Mbed OS. It means it has crashed. Debug information is printed on Serial1 at 115200 baud when Mbed OS crashes. You can view the debug output by connecting a USB to serial adapter to the TX pin on the Nano 33 BLE, but whenever I've done that the information hasn't been helpful to me.

So i tried a simpler example program, SimpleAccelerometer written for the Nano 33 BLE Sense
but get back "error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE"
That is unrelated to the problem you had with TensorFlow. We might be able to help you out, but would need more information:

Where can we find this sketch and any libraries it requires?

The full compilation error output. That generic "error compiling for board Arduino Nano 33 BLE" doesn't tell us anything. You need to scroll up the black console pane at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window to see the specific error messages from the compiler that will tell you what is wrong.

any further ideas other than getting another "sense"
Well, you can never have too many Arduino boards, but a new Nano 33 BLE won't solve this problem. It's not a hardware issue. It's a problem with the code. It can only be fixed by fixing the code.

Go Up