Go Down

Topic: Can we have automatic reupload on failure please (Read 509 times) previous topic - next topic

filebi3588

>:( Today I must have spent an extra +20 minutes on this >:(

Which would pbly add up to hours/days over the years. There are some hardware like the ESP8266 Wemos which fails to upload more often than not. The success rate is about 7/1 yeah... before you suggest that it's an issue with the hardware I have dozens of these and it's the same for all.

Also I saw another topic where the @p request it for the code not to be recompiled each and every single time when there is no change this just makes the situation worse.

There should be an autoretry on uploads with a number to set between 0-999 it would save us tons of time.

Happy 2021!

microsan84

Try pushed ota as it's much faster than the slow serial programming.

ballscrewbob

The IDE sort of does have multiple retries but that is capped at 10 attempts.

If you see this section
You can see where people have posted the output and where it stops at the tenth attempt.

Other things that can cause multiple re-tries can often be traced down to either a programming issue or poor USB communications or poor OTA setup.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

microsan84

check this out
https://github.com/manicken/arduinoUploadOnly

it now also have the possibility to change the amount of upload retries.

westfw

Jan 05, 2021, 03:36 am Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021, 03:36 am by westfw
There are some hardware like the ESP8266 Wemos which fails to upload more often than not.
Perhaps that is a problem that the people making ESP8266 boards and firmware should try to fix...
(oops; they're not the Arduino folks.  Arduino doesn't have any ESP8266-based products!  Even the upload code that would theoretically retry at the appropriate level isn't from Arduino...)

The AVR "upload retries" are apparently in the wrong place, so the chances that a retry will actually work are slim (but the AVR uploading is more reliable, so I spend more time waiting for doomed retry attempts to stop than I do having to manually retry uploads.)
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=46005

microsan84

I have placed the retry before the call to the actual upload function so its just like a manual retry.
And In my version the compile before upload is removed.

Go Up