Go Down

Topic: Sloeber IDE (Read 319 times) previous topic - next topic

paulskirk53

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with this very very simple situation. I installed the Sloeber IDE and although it states from version 3 onwards it autoconfigures, it seems not, and I have an error when trying to pick a wizard, image attached.

Really I'm just trying to open and compile one of my Arduino Mega sketches....but it wouldn't compile because apparently it's not a project. So that's why I'm trying a wizard.

Any help much appreciated.
Paul Kirk

paulskirk53

Thanks for looking at the above post. I am an experienced developer and decided to try Sloeber instead of the standard Arduino IDE and also to compare it with Visual Micro. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get Sloeber working. Although I now have a project open and an arduino sketch in it, when I compile the sketch it builds with no errors. If I introduce coding keyword errors (as a test), the build shows no errors.

I suggest that's not much help to me, and to someone starting out its positively hopeless. Back to Vidual Micro and the Arduino IDE for the present.

I think it would be helpful for the Sloeber to have a configuration guide for first time users.

Paul Kirk

Go Up