Go Down

Topic: Load Cell Setup and Components  (Read 773 times) previous topic - next topic

adam272000

Wrong. Not an I2C device, no address.

There is a HX711_multi library out there that allows several devices to share the clock pin, so four common digital pins are needed for three devices.
Leo..
Advice on how to combine the multiple analogue supplies to the 5V on the WEMOS and respectively for the multiple digital supplies? 

adam272000

Hi, for the HX177 to WEMOS connections I am slightly stuck! Should the DAT lines have separate digital ports and the clock lines have the same digital port? By this, I mean all currently I have designed all DAT wires from the HX177 module to connect to separate digital ports the WEMOS?  and all the clock wires from the HX177 module connect to the same digital ports( or should this be same analogue port) on the WEMOS. 

I aim to program using the Arduino IDE for the load cells to work individually and just output the force they experience. thanks. 

Wawa

Did you search for, read, and install a HX711_multi library.
All the information should be on those pages. One clock, three data lines.

The HX711 is digital.
Nothing do do with analogue, apart that some examples use analogue pins as digital, to confuse you.

Get ONE HX711 working before you expand to three.
Search for which pins you can use on a WeMos. Not all can be used.
Leo..

adam272000

Did you search for, read, and install a HX711_multi library.
All the information should be on those pages. One clock, three data lines.

The HX711 is digital.
Nothing do do with analogue, apart that some examples use analogue pins as digital, to confuse you.

Get ONE HX711 working before you expand to three.
Search for which pins you can use on a WeMos. Not all can be used.
Leo..
Thanks. That's where I was getting confused. I understand the HX177 is digital BUT some of the examples online were confusing using analogue pins. I just want to design my circuit before I built the circuit when the components ARRIVE.
I can't test one load cell and module as I haven't built the circuit yet. I just wanted to get a full understanding of the circuit before I do. I connected the all clock pins from the HX177 to a single digital pin on the WEMOS and the data pins are connected to their own digital pins. I have understood clock lines to be the wires from the clock pins but the library or forums don't explain if these connect to a signal digital pin or another type of pin on the WEMOS? 

Go Up