Go Down

Topic: Operational Amplifiers tutorial: comments and questions here please (Read 610 times) previous topic - next topic

johnerrington

Jan 21, 2021, 09:43 am Last Edit: Jan 21, 2021, 09:49 am by johnerrington
@Robin:
When I think about all of this, including @MarkT's comments it makes me wonder if the whole thing is too technical for this Forum.

Its intended for the electronics section Robin, where I'd hope at least some would have a smattering of knowledge.  However i take your point, I need to find a way to make it simpler for "dummies" (no disrespect, referiing to the "... for dummies" books)  ...
without removing content that might be useful for more advanced users.  I'm considering putting that in italics and saying "skip it if you wish". The forum doesnt offer a lot in the way of fomatting.

I'm responding to a few (OK not a LOT) of enquiries eg https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=723667.0

Its not really THAT technical - the photodiode amplifier has three components external to the Arduino.

.. and a question: the comparison table (post #3) is very small - is there a way to make it full width?
I'm trying to help. If I find your question interesting I'll give you karma. If you find my input useful please give me karma (I need it)

Robin2

it simpler for "dummies" (no disrespect, referiing to the "... for dummies" books)
I like those books.

Its not really THAT technical - the photodiode amplifier has three components external to the Arduino.
I agree the circuit is simple (I said so in Reply #14). It is the rationale for the circuit that seems complex to me (as a newbie).

.. and a question: the comparison table (post #3) is very small - is there a way to make it full width?
You can set the size of an image - for example
[img height=100]https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=595454.0;attach=293207[/img]

I think you can also use width=

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

aarg

Thanks Mark - very interesting. None of the IC's I have tested have that feature so it must just be audio amps. It would prevent some of the applications eg sine or triangle oscillator from functioning properly.
It's often a selling point - "wide differential input range". For example for the TL072, it's listed as Vs-0.2V.
  ... with a transistor and a large sum of money to spend ...
Please don't PM me with technical questions. Post them in the forum.

Go Up