Go Down

Topic: Any suggestions on how to reduce/eliminate fluctuations in FSR sensors? (Read 124 times) previous topic - next topic

huffyv0

Hey guys,
As the title suggests, I was wondering if any of u have any method of your own that could help me out? Not sure if I should go in-depth about my project as I am aware that this a well-known problem/issue everyone faces whilst handling FSR sensors but I was told to test out the corners of the sensor (as part of the project) to see if they give the same value when identical objects (really small tools like Allen key for example) are placed at different ends both separately and at the same time (don't ask me why haha). Thank you!

[Please don't send hate comments :'( ]

Code is as follows:

int fsrAnalogPin = 3; // FSR is connected to analog 0
int fsrReading;      // the analog reading from the FSR resistor divider

void setup(void) {
  Serial.begin(9600);   // We'll send debugging information via the Serial monitor
  pinMode(A3, INPUT);
}

void loop(void) {
  fsrReading = analogRead(fsrAnalogPin);
  Serial.print("Analog reading = ");
  Serial.println(fsrReading);

delay(100);
}

jremington

You will have to give us some examples of fluctuations, and post the code, using code tags.

There are many ways to average, smooth or otherwise reduce or remove fluctuations and noise from data.

gilshultz

You could be having noise on your analog circuit.  No idea what the output is but I would assume it is in the few hundred milivolt range which will pick up a lot of noise unless everything is properly shielded. Not knowing which sensor you are using this is just a SWAG.
This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Go Up