Go Down

Topic: Same code, similar leds. Very different display (Read 126 times) previous topic - next topic

tays22

Jan 13, 2021, 08:21 pm Last Edit: Jan 13, 2021, 08:22 pm by tays22
I have arduino code that has been deployed successfully with ws2813 leds.  Though recently, we have received a new batch of ws2813's that are different brand, that only give me white light.  Has anyone ran into this issue.  I tried changing the brightness.  And the only difference I see in the led strips, is a slightly different smd, and a blue tape on the back instead of white.  I do not have a number for the working leds, but the model for the problem leds is BTF-5V-030L-W

Paul__B

So you are saying you have WWW LEDs instead of RGB?  What is the problem exactly?

gilshultz

Send them back and ask for them to be replaced with the correct item if it is there mistook! If it is your mistake you are probably out of luck unless it is a large quantity by there definition.
This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

tays22

I want to say that they are RGBW, now.  I only say that, because I switched the first LED on the 'problem' strip, with a LED from the strip that works well, and I get the proper colors now. (This is not a good option for the dozens of assemblies we have in the field)  The only reason I cannot confirm the 'RGBW/GRBW' diode, is because when I change my code to use "NEO_RGBW + NEO_KHZ800" with Adafruit_NeoPixel(), I still only get white.  

tays22

So you are saying you have WWW LEDs instead of RGB?  What is the problem exactly?
Can "WWW LEDS" produce color at all?  I only ask because I swapped the first led of the 22ct strip of "WWW" with a led from the working (RGB) strip, and my code produced purples, and greens throughout.

PaulRB

Can "WWW LEDS" produce color at all?
No. Some strips might have warm white and cool white LEDs. These would be able to mix/fade between warmer and cooler light, but not colours.

Your descriptions of what you tried are a little confusing. What type of Arduino are you using? Are you using a level shifter, and/or a resistor in the data line? It sounds like the first led in the new strip is not receiving the data from the Arduino. Perhaps when you place a led from the old strip between them, that led is changing the signal in a way the new strip can receive.

Go Up