Go Down

Topic: Messed up serial port on MKRZero (Read 100 times) previous topic - next topic

lenk

This should be easy. I was tired and for some unknown reason I changed Serial.begin(9600) and Serial1.begin(9600) to (19200) baud rate. My download failed, of course. I changed the baud rates back to (9600) but the damage was done. My download hangs up at the message "Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM 15" I tried my spare MKRZero with both serial and serial1 set to (9600) and it is fine. I'm talking to a Nextion display off pins 13,14 and was downloading via USB. How can I reset the first MKRZero?
Thanks,
Len

pert

I changed Serial.begin(9600) and Serial1.begin(9600) to (19200) baud rate. My download failed, of course.
First I should state that Arduino uses the term "upload". I know that there are different opinions on whether this is correct, but as long as we all use the same word and understand what is meant by it, we can be successful in communication. So, to avoid confusion, I would recommend that you use the term "upload" when talking  about flashing programs to microcontrollers with people in the Arduino world.

This will never cause a failed upload. You are welcome to set the serial baud rate in your sketch to any speed you like. It has no effect on uploads.

My download hangs up at the message "Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM 15"
Are you saying the upload never finishes or errors no matter how long you wait?

To start, I recommend restarting your computer. Sometimes a random glitch can cause a serial port to get stuck in an unusable state. Restarting fixes that.

Go Up