Go Down

Topic: Using word "code" makes forum software think I am inclusing Arduino instructions (Read 268 times) previous topic - next topic

Paul_KD7HB

This is crazy. Every time I respond to a thread with the word "code", I get an automatic inclusion of the code ability in a reply, even though I am simply mentioning the word.

Paul

pert

This is crazy. Every time I respond to a thread with the word "code", I get an automatic inclusion of the code ability in a reply, even though I am simply mentioning the word.

Paul
It's not clear to me what are the exact circumstances where this code issue occurs. Would you mind providing the exact set of steps necessary to reproduce it?

pert

You can see that I used "code" in my reply and didn't get any unwanted markup.

Paul_KD7HB

It's not clear to me what are the exact circumstances where this code issue occurs. Would you mind providing the exact set of steps necessary to reproduce it?
Yes. I had copied a line of the OP's program to the clipboard and was writing a line in a reply that was going to include his particular line of code. But as soon as I entered the word 'code" I got the switch to the code entry method, not what I wanted at all.
Perhaps having something in the clipboard was the trigger.
Paul

sterretje

If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Paul_KD7HB

I've never seen the behaviour; maybe OS / browser dependent?
That may be exactly what is going on. I have the latest updated version of WIN 10 and Firefox. The problem was noticed after recent updates of both. In addition, the cursor is missing sometimes on a reply to a thread on the forum. So, I will watch and wait for the next update.
Thanks, Paul

sterretje

I'm using the same setup. I will keep an eye on it and report if I observe the same behaviour.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Paul_KD7HB

I'm using the same setup. I will keep an eye on it and report if I observe the same behaviour.
All the problems seem to have gone away with NO changes on my end. Hmmm.
Paul

Go Up