Sealing connector gaps

Hello everyone!

Currently I am looking for a way to completely isolate the electronics of a project i want to place inside a box. This box will have some card edge connectors going to the outside to connect a couple of sensors. I need to seal everything as perfect as possible since it will be in corrosive atmospheres. While doing some research I came across this box that used card edge connectors and what looks like a really good job isolating possible gaps. I would like to know if anyone knows from looking at the pictures what kind of method is this or what components are used, in order to do the same. Or if there is any other method that works fine, I would also like to know!

Thank you very much!

Hi,

I need to seal everything as perfect as possible since it will be in corrosive atmospheres.

Although it may seal the electronics it is a bad choice in a corrosive atmosphere because the contacts are not sealed.
It looks like they will be still exposed to the corrosive environment.
PCB edge connector is a very bad choice in this situation.

You need hermetically sealed connectors to completely isolate the plug/socket and contacts.

google hermetically sealed connectors

Tom... :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.