Go Down

Topic: Error compiling board (Read 190 times) previous topic - next topic

SIRMAX1

Hello every body.

I have a problem with my board not getting my program, this been going on for me more then a year now.

what it is doing when i sent a the program in i get this message in the first of the picture i have on the bottom.

The Tools setting looks like the second picture on the bottom.

That is the message i get every time, here are four picture of my arduino connected to both LED and my laptop.

I would be very happy if some one can tell me what did i did wrong, i really wont to build stuff with this.
please help me to move on with this project.
My mission at this time is to program LED to blink when i wont them to.
Very simple basic
i use to do it but something change.
it all started when i try to build my on arduino and program another ATmega328 chip with the help with the same board.
Dont thank that is the problem, i just bolt a new arduino and it still doing the same thing.

Thank you for your time to check this and hope to hear from some one soon.

SIRMAX1

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows Store 1.8.42.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Warning: Board breadboard:avr:atmega328bb doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: AVR_ATMEGA328BB

cc1.exe: error: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

SIRMAX1

And this is my program i have.

#include <singleLEDLibrary.h>

int LED = 8;

void setup() {

pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
    digitalWrite(LED, HIGH);
    delay(1000);
    digitalWrite(LED, LOW);
    delay(2000);
}

sterretje

No pictures showing. Is it a compile error or an upload error?

Further remember that we can't easily work with pictures of text (e.g. the error message); just copy (there is a button at the right just above the output pane) and paste.

Your post is lacking details like
1)
operating system and version
2)
ide version
3)
details of the board(s); might be clear from the picture that is missing but posting in text is a lot easier
4)
is board an original or clone

I typed the above while you posted a new message with some details. I suggest that you uninstall the windows store version (it's known to be a little buggy at times). After that you might have to follow additional cleanup instructions.

Next install the normal version and report back.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

SIRMAX1

its a (Error compiling for board Arduino Uno)

SIRMAX1

some resign i cant put picture on here, it keep saying 9000 word limit

SIRMAX1

SIRMAX1

this site is making me wait for 5 minutes to post something new

ballscrewbob

The 5 minute wait will persist until you reach 100 posts.
It helps prevent SPAM.

Your errors are showing LINKER issues.

Not 100% sure why you need a library for that sketch either maybe you could also try the BLINK from the IDE's examples ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google (who would have thunk it ! ) or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

DrAzzy

Feb 24, 2021, 04:00 am Last Edit: Feb 24, 2021, 04:11 am by DrAzzy
That message about the "build.board" not being defined is the symptom of a botched attempt at modifying the included Arduino AVR board package. "Likely by following instructions written for a much older version of Arduino.

In and of itself that is not a problem - however, considering that you have a wacky error message implying some sort of abomination-crawling-in-from-the-depths-of-hell toolchain problem, I an suspicious that this failed attempt at modifying your build environment is the cause of that issue as well.

Uninstall all copies of the Arduino IDE.

Make a back up of C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Arduino15, and then delete it. Reinstall the Arduino IDE, use the latest version, 1.8.13 downloaded from the Software link at the top (don't mess with the stupid windows store package; "app stores" are not a viable way to obtain software for real computers)

The sketch should now compile.
ATTinyCore and megaTinyCore for all ATtiny, DxCore for DA/DB-series! github.com/SpenceKonde
http://drazzy.com/package_drazzy.com_index.json
ATtiny breakouts, mosfets, awesome prototyping board in my store http://tindie.com/stores/DrAzzy

pert

That message about the "build.board" not being defined is the symptom of a botched attempt at modifying the included Arduino AVR board package.
This warning is for the "breadboard" boards package that accompanies the "Minimal Circuit (Eliminating the External Clock)" of this tutorial:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/BuiltInExamples/ArduinoToBreadboard#minimal-circuit-eliminating-the-external-clock

So that warning is normal and expected and doesn't have anything to do with the real error.

That's not to argue against DrAzzy's advice. But I just want it to be understood that even after doing that you're still going to be getting the "Warning: Board breadboard:avr:atmega328bb doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: AVR_ATMEGA328BB".

SIRMAX1

i reinstall it and still get this.

missdrew

SIRMAX1

sterretje

Your code; looks like you only compiled but did not upload.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

Go Up