Replacing 32u4 on any Arduino YUN?

Hi there, Thank you for the TIP in your response. I suspected as much, since the Factory Part (bought at DigiKey) seems prepared for what I want to do. I believe at this point I may have only damaged the port (pin) that had 5V on it but I just got the parts and haven't started the removal and replacement. If this works as expected I won't have a worn out hobby board. The older boards at least have the layout for the easier replacement using the AUR part-44TQFP. I am really pleased with my Original Yuns. Had one in continuous service for over five years in a monitor and I download yesterday's water plant log daily. Good to hear from you "ShapeShifter" BTW we still have the bootup pause implemented in rc.local running in my sketch. Pity it doesn't run in Rev2. I have considered soldering in a 10K resistor to the 9331 end of LED0_WLAN_R12 pull-up resistor on the Rev2 Board and wiring that to an unused digital pin on the 32u4. That would provide a ready signal for the Setup 'while' statement when the AR9331 is pretty much finished a boot.