ESP32 WROOM + INMP441 Mic generating distorted noises & no voice audio

I tried with this code but it just doesn't take up my audio.
I am trying to build a DIY Alexa and hence wanted to test the audio from the microphone using this code:

But this just doesn't work. Any idea why.? I was hoping if someone could be my savior.
Here are my pins:
3v3 ESP32 --> VDD INMP441
GND ESP32 --> GND & L/R INMP441
D5 ESP32 --> SCK INMP441
D18 ESP32 --> SD INMP441
D19 ESP32 --> WS INMP441

Board: ESP32 WROOM https://robokits.co.in/iot-internet-of-things/esp32-development-board-wifi-bluetooth
Mic: INMP441 INMP441 MEMS Omnidirectional Microphone Module High Precision/SNR Low Power I2C Interface Supports ESP32 INMP441 MEMS Omnidirectional Microphone Module High Precision/SNR Low Power I2C Interface Supports ESP32 [RKI-5156] - ₹265.00 : Robokits India, Easy to use, Versatile Robotics & DIY kits

You are leaving out a lot of details. What results are you expecting and what hardware did you use to achieve this. The links you provide are for selling the parts, not using them. I saw no supporting information then its got dis and dat! Post your schematic showing all connections and power supplies, not a frizzy thing.

The code in the github link enables the user to save audio to a wav file and upload it to a server.
But on the whole, i just want to get the voice from the INMP441. Rest i can figure it out.
Also those links were provided to ensure the product and not to purchase it.
Hardware is already mentioned: ESPWROOM 32 & INMP441 connected. What other hardware information you need let me know. i will provide it.

P.S>: The intention is not to make people solve it for me but for them to find out what wrong i am doing that i am unable to fetch the audio from the mic.

The code in the github link enables the user to save audio to a wav file and upload it to a server.

I can’t see that in the code, it just seems to send samples to itself over WI-Fi, and when it receives them it sends them to the D/A in the I2S device.
There is no way it is using .WAV format in any case as there is no header. You can’t stream a live input as a .WAV file because one of the header parameters is the length of the file, so it would have to store that number of samples before sending it to itself.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.