Go Down

Topic: Arduino IDE 1.8.13 what triggers the OTA network port processing? (Read 71 times) previous topic - next topic

RIN67630

Hi,
I am afraid I have to ask again.

On my Arduino IDE 1.8.13 the network ports (~5 differents, all active on the same WiFi SSID)
disappeared again.
I see only the com ports...

What must I do on the IDE to get OTA network ports visible again?

pert

I'm not aware of anything that needs to be done on the Arduino IDE side of things. It's all a matter of running the sketch on the Arduino boards that makes them discoverable as network ports and then connecting those boards to the same network as the computer the IDE is running on.

For example, here is the procedure for the ESP8266 boards:
https://arduino-esp8266.readthedocs.io/en/2.7.4_a/ota_updates/readme.html

RIN67630

I'm not aware of anything that needs to be done on the Arduino IDE side of things. It's all a matter of running the sketch on the Arduino boards that makes them discoverable as network ports and then connecting those boards to the same network as the computer the IDE is running on.
Thank you, but I have 5 ESPs connected with OTA to the same WiFi SSID that were perfectly shown and disappeared now from the IDE of my main laptop.
My Raspberry Pi's Arduino IDE 1.8.8 on the same network shows them up.

Something must be broken at the IDE, but what?

RIN67630

The network ports are back.
I changed nothing to the IDE settings.

I just removed an Autostart programm (Barrier, to share keyboard/mouse between two computers) that started too early and slowed down the start of my WiFi network.

Anyhow I started the Arduino IDE much later at a time where the network was fully available.

???

Go Up