Go Down

Topic: my 4th arduino project: randomizing led selection JUST WATCH AND LIKE MY VIDEO!! (Read 4129 times) previous topic - next topic

lloyddean

Muneeb

GrooveFlotilla

Three and a half minutes to show us a randomly flashing light, and that you can't hold a camera steady?
BTW, the Arduino is programmed in C, not Forth.
Some people are like Slinkies.

Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Muneeb

1. i dont have a tripod, or i could perfectly do as i want normally

2.what's that c thing and fourth thing your talking about

3. im 13 (so i cant understand alot about elecronics, but i still like it)

4. SO, (IM A TOTAL BEGINNER AS I THINK)

bld

Looks like you got no resistors on, you need that to not damage the led's and the arduino.
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

Muneeb

good idea,
but none of my leds were demaged,
exepte the 2 old ones because i used 5 volts on them  :smiley-mr-green:

Grumpy_Mike

but none of my leds were demaged,

No but your arduino was damaged. It might still work for a time but you subjected your output pins to too much current and so you have weakened them and made them more likely to fail. The LEDs too will have a reduced life time.
This is why you need a current limiting device with LEDs.
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Tutorial/LEDs.html

Muneeb

ok, i have another question,

if i connect all leds for on pin, and that i connect only one resistor for all leds on the GROUND,

will it still be working

Grumpy_Mike

Yes but not very well. The brightness of each LED will depend on how many other LEDs are on at the same time. So the brightness will change depending on the number of LEDs that are on.

Grumpy_Mike

If you limit the current from the arduino pin to below 40mA per pin and below 200mA overall then your arduino is safe.

Muneeb

thats what i had to know,

by the way, how much one arduino output pin have like voltage,   1.2 volts?

Grumpy_Mike

by the way, how much one arduino output pin have like voltage,

I assume you mean what voltage do you get from an arduino when it outputs a logic one.

The answer is at least 4.2V providing that no more than 20mA are being extracted from the output.

Muneeb

Go Up