Go Down

Topic: Writing To Console (Read 196868 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

@tanzz, you need to check dates before you reply. Your Post is 5 years too late.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Gunn317

@tanzz, you need to check dates before you reply. Your Post is 5 years too late.

...R
Seeing as this is the very first Google result that appears when searching out how to write debug messages to the console, the last post previous to the one I quoted was perfect. It explained what code to write, and how to see it in the IDE. Thank you tanzz, BulldogLowell and stutteringp0et for helpful responses to get me going.

Unfortunately, it's a wonder I made it to the good stuff, because the first responses (from PaulS) were very off-putting and disheartening to read. Thought this all was supposed to be fun, but then there's some a*& giving a novice a hard time. I'm an experienced programmer in C#, C++, etc but new to the Arduino. I hope the community is a lot nicer in general than PaulS!

Oh, and btw I'm a engineer/software developer by career and no one reads the official documentation :)

Robin2

Jan 18, 2020, 10:26 am Last Edit: Jan 18, 2020, 10:27 am by Robin2
I hope the community is a lot nicer in general than PaulS!
I believe he is no longer contributing. But I think that if you can ignore his style you will find that his advice was accurate.

Oh, and btw I'm a engineer/software developer by career and no one reads the official documentation :)
I'm quite sure you have not become a professional developer without becoming a regular "looker-up" of technical details - whether in the official documentation or elsewhere. And I'm also quite sure that you would find it irritating for people to ask you routine questions about your products to which they could easily have got the answer by reading the documentation you wrote.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

harshafgdftgwsfgd

I think if you are making a library then
Code: [Select]

#include <iostreem>
   std::cout << "[i]What to output[/i]";  

Go Up