Go Down

Topic: Flash Drive (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

SuperPerson

I was wondering if anyone knows how to read files off of a flash drive.  I am using an Arduino Uno with a USB Host Shield from Sparkfun.

PaulS

I am using an Arduino Uno with a USB Host Shield from Sparkfun.

With what code? With what results?

SuperPerson

I am currently using code from https://github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0 and noticed there wasn't a way to read from a flash drive yet.  The person who wrote these usb drivers said they would be adding mass storage device functionality later but I was hoping I could figure something out soon.

thatdude624

With what code? With what results?

he obviously does not yet have the code, explaining why he posted it. the "results" are probably dumping a text file over serial or something.

I honestly do not know how, all I have is bad news:
it seems the latest versions of the USB library do not support sparkfun's shield, meaning USB flash drive support will probably never be added.

there MIGHT be another library that does, though. USB is very hard to host, it seems...

tytower

I would disagree
Put a wire from D7 to reset on the sparkfun board and it then works identically to the board the library was written for.
Use the usb hub examples and you can get info on addresses and type of usb device attached .
I'll experiment with mine and check back if still able to post.

PaulS

he obviously does not yet have the code

Then this

must mean that the UNO is being used as a paper weight.

the "results" are probably dumping a text file over serial or something.

Why are you guessing? If OP wants to answer questions, let him/her.

I honestly do not know how

Then, why are you posting?

Go Up