xbee serial.write question

I only have S2. I never even looked at the S1 because I wanted to have all the stuff you get from Zigbee. And, as you know, it works. I can put a device 100 yards away, and if it doesn't reach, just put one in the middle to relay the data. That is so cool.

Regarding broadcast. Yes, there are some problems related to collisions and some others that I really don't understand, but all in all, it works darn nicely. I could eliminate all the problems by just going to a query, response protocol, but then the devices wouldn't be nearly as autonomous and it's nice to be able to put a monitor XBee anywhere and have it pick up the various devices talking. One device though is fully API. I have a thermometer that sends its temperature to a specific device and I can't see it on the network by just monitoring. I don't really like that and will eventually change it to use an ardweeny and broadcast. But, it was an experiment to see if I could do it that worked and worked itself into being a 'necessary' part of the project. Funny how that happens.

It's funny though Jack, I had some initial problems with getting the XBees to talk, but after a little messing around, I add XBees at a whim. I can set one up to tell me the coffee pot turned on in about 20 minutes and have it work first try. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and make stupid mistakes all the time, but I don't seem to have anywhere near the problems with these little devices that other people do. Has that been your experience, or am I just lucky?