Go Down

Topic: XP driver requirement for deployment (Read 710 times) previous topic - next topic

MontyUK

As a beginner, could someone please confirm to me what drivers are needed on an XP machine to interface with a Uno.

I have successfully created the code on a development PC, but wish to use the Uno on a different, standalone PC that won't have the IDE on it.  All the Uno does is receive switch closures and sends out single serial characters to an independent application on the PC.

I assume that I can copy the 'Drivers' folder that is included with the Arduino software download onto the target PC and point to that when the Uno is first plugged in and asks for driver info.

A second question - does anyone have a good solution for connecting wires to the female 0.1" connectors on the Uno that is robust and where the pins won't fall out?  A blank shield seems to be overkill, but I can't find any male 0.1" plugs anywhere.  If the connections on the Uno board were male headers it would be easy to make a female socket on flying leads, but that isn't the case.  At the moment I have soldered via veroboard and a header.

cmiyc

I assume that I can copy the 'Drivers' folder that is included with the Arduino software download onto the target PC and point to that when the Uno is first plugged in and asks for driver info.

Yes, that is all you need to do.

A second question - does anyone have a good solution for connecting wires to the female 0.1" connectors on the Uno that is robust and where the pins won't fall out? 

I use these:  https://www.adafruit.com/products/266

I pulled pins out of a standard header strip and plugged them into the each female socket.  There are male versions of the same wires.  I prefer the female since I they have the flexibility of becoming male headers with just a pin.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up