Go Down

Topic: Can't find theme folder under arduino>libraries (Read 123 times) previous topic - next topic

markonjak1

I want the dark theme for my arduino ide, which you change when you replace the original theme folder with a modified one form github, but there is no theme folder, I downloaded the arduino ide from the official website not the Microsoft store

What should I do?

pert

The built-in theme location is at {Arduino IDE installation folder}/lib/theme. Note it's "lib", not "libraries".

However, as long as you're using a recent version of the Arduino IDE, I recommend you take advantage of a new feature that allows you to install the theme in your sketchbook folder under the {sketchbook folder}/theme folder. You can find the location of your sketchbook folder in the Arduino IDE at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location. The reason it's better to install it there is because when you install it to the Arduino IDE installation folder you'll need to redo the theme installation every time you update to a new version of the Arduino IDE. When you install it to the sketchbook, the installed custom theme persists through IDE updates.

markonjak1

Thanks a lot, put the theme folder in sketchbook location and now i have dark theme, it's a lot better than light theme.

Go Up