Go Down

Topic: build in Sloeber is not possible (Read 535 times) previous topic - next topic

HobbyDev

Hi,

I just cann't build and thus not upload the project to my device in Sloeber 4.3 Beryllium.

I startet with a plain project:
Code: [Select]
#include "Arduino.h"
//The setup function is called once at startup of the sketch
void setup()
{
// Add your initialization code here
}

// The loop function is called in an endless loop
void loop()
{
//Add your repeated code here
}

and got these error messages:
Code: [Select]
21:04:46 **** Build of configuration Release for project TestSketch ****
"C:\\Eclipse\\arduinoPlugin\\tools\\make\\make" all
'Building file: ..\sloeber.ino.cpp'
'Starting C++ compile'
make -C "C:\Eclipse\/arduinoPlugin/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.5.0-beta3/tools/sdk/lwip/src" install TOOLS_PATH="C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-"
make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/Eclipse/arduinoPlugin/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.5.0-beta3/tools/sdk/lwip/src'
Syntaxfehler.
Makefile:21: recipe for target 'build/user_config.h' failed
make[1]: *** [build/user_config.h] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Eclipse/arduinoPlugin/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.5.0-beta3/tools/sdk/lwip/src'
subdir.mk:18: recipe for target 'sloeber.ino.cpp.o' failed
make: *** [sloeber.ino.cpp.o] Error 2

21:04:47 Build Failed. 4 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.281ms)

I have no idea what to do with it.

Juraj

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

HobbyDev

Thanks for your help. I tried something else before I saw your response. I changed the project settings but have no idea what all this means. But it works. I changed the IwIP parameter from "v1.4 Compile from Source" to "v1.4 Higher Bandwith" and it worked.

Can some one please explain the options I rounded with with the red rectangle? I added a picture to the post but can't see it in the preview!?

Juraj

Apr 26, 2019, 06:14 pm Last Edit: Apr 26, 2019, 06:14 pm by Juraj
Thanks for your help. I tried something else before I saw your response. I changed the project settings but have no idea what all this means. But it works. I changed the IwIP parameter from "v1.4 Compile from Source" to "v1.4 Higher Bandwith" and it worked.

Can some one please explain the options I rounded with with the red rectangle? I added a picture to the post but can't see it in the preview!?
some of the offered lwIP versions are installed as build archive and some require to run a build with makefile. but that I think doesn't work on Windows.

You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

HobbyDev

Wow thanks for your quick response. Do you know of could page where I can find proper settings for the WEMOS D1 mini pro. The wiki doesn't say that much about it.

Juraj

Wow thanks for your quick response. Do you know of could page where I can find proper settings for the WEMOS D1 mini pro. The wiki doesn't say that much about it.
if you select D1 mini you have all board related settings. The rest of options is your choice for your sketch. (I am lost too)

HobbyDev

thanks anyway! But coming back to "build is not pssible"...
I am trying to get used to it while using this sample code.
Since I do not have a real temperature sensor attached jet I simplified the sketch a littel bit, loaded it up to the board using the Arduino IDE. But to develop it to the appropriate level I felt like I need an IDE with more support like text highlighting, syntax check... and checked Sloeber. While biulding the project I get now errors which have from the first point of view not much to do with the sketch itself but with the libraries or may be the strict way of compiling the code with the used compiler - I don't know (I didn't use the /code option because I wanted to highlight the important part):

20:48:23 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project Test02 ****
"C:\\Eclipse\\arduinoPlugin\\tools\\make\\make" all
'Building file: C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp'
'Starting C++ compile'
"C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\tools\xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc\2.5.0-3-20ed2b9/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++" -D__ets__ -DICACHE_FLASH -U__STRICT_ANSI__ "-IC:\Eclipse\/arduinoPlugin/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.5.0-beta3/tools/sdk/include" "-IC:\Eclipse\/arduinoPlugin/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.5.0-beta3/tools/sdk/lwip/include" "-IC:\Eclipse\/arduinoPlugin/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.5.0-beta3/tools/sdk/libc/xtensa-lx106-elf/include" "-IC:/Users/Rainer/Documents/sloeber-workspace/Test02/Release/core" -c -Wall -Wextra -Os -g -mlongcalls -mtext-section-literals -fno-rtti -falign-functions=4 -std=c++11 -MMD -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fexceptions -DF_CPU=80000000L -DLWIP_OPEN_SRC -DDEBUG_ESP_PORT=Serial1 -DDEBUG_ESP_CORE -DARDUINO=10802 -DARDUINO_ESP8266_WEMOS_D1MINIPRO -DARDUINO_ARCH_ESP8266 -DARDUINO_BOARD="\"ESP8266_WEMOS_D1MINIPRO\""  -DFLASHMODE_DIO  -DESP8266   -I"C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\cores\esp8266" -I"C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\variants\d1_mini" -I"C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src" -MMD -MP -MF"libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp.d" -MT"libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp.o" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -x c++ "C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp"  -o  "libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp.o"
C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp: In member function 'bool ESP8266WiFiSTAClass::hostname(const char*)':
C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp:537:52: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*' [-fpermissive]
         intf->hostname = wifi_station_get_hostname();
                                                                                                 ^
C:\Eclipse\arduinoPlugin\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.5.0-beta3\libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp:539:33: error: 'netif_dhcp_data' was not declared in this scope
         if (netif_dhcp_data(intf) != nullptr) {
                                                      ^
libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\subdir.mk:112: recipe for target 'libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp.o' failed
make: *** [libraries\ESP8266WiFi\src\ESP8266WiFiSTA.cpp.o] Error 1

20:48:27 Build Failed. 4 errors, 0 warnings. (took 3s.593ms)

Do I have to use a special compiler or make - programm?

Juraj

Apr 27, 2019, 06:09 am Last Edit: Apr 27, 2019, 06:11 am by Juraj
why do you use an old beta version of the esp8266 package? I recommend to use the 2.4.2 until 2.5.1, because 2.5.0 is wrong

HobbyDev

Well - I didn't expect that! But I changed back to 2.5.0 (not beta...) and it works! Thank you very much. It took me a while to get it changed and even the first "build" after the change didn't work and I got a lot of new error messages. But finally ...
Last question for now: If I click on "upload sketch" I get the question whether I want to build the project before it will be uploaed or not or never or always. If I do not click on yes my changes will have no effects. What for do I have to make this choice?

Juraj

Well - I didn't expect that! But I changed back to 2.5.0 (not beta...) and it works! Thank you very much. It took me a while to get it changed and even the first "build" after the change didn't work and I got a lot of new error messages. But finally ...
Last question for now: If I click on "upload sketch" I get the question whether I want to build the project before it will be uploaed or not or never or always. If I do not click on yes my changes will have no effects. What for do I have to make this choice?
I don't know. Previous Sloeber version did rebuild the project even if you only changed the COM port. This was fixed, but maybe it was the motivation for the question. Set Yes for always.

Go Up