Eagle ground plane and 5v

I created a schematic for this post. I followed a tutorial and it explained how to create the board and ground plane. The tutorial indicated that all the grounds would be connected automatically. It also said the 5volts would be connected.

Using my attached schematic, when I create the board and subsequent ground plane will the grounds be connected? Will the 5vs be connected? Trying to verify I understood the tutorial correctly.

Thanks!

Using the attached schematic the GNDs will be connected automatically. However, sometimes I draw nets and although they look connected sometimes they are not. I have found that if I draw the net then, move the component up, down, left, or right, it will show if the net is connected, and also can connect the net to the component for me. It is hard to explain but, you will understand when it happens to u.

Another schematic tip... you can have separate components with short wires hanging off, and just by naming the wires with the same name "example: signal 1"... all of the "signal 1" wires will be connected automatically.

Also make sure to Name the polygons GND (and +5V if you have a +5V ploygon) to have pins connect to them.
Use the RatsNest to redraw the polygons after you make any routing changes.

You should also run the ERC on the schematic and DRC on the board and resolve any major issues that come up.
Like missing connections on things you thought were connected - or may have indeed meant to leave disconnected.

How do you decide when to use a polygon, for instance 5v, or to connect them all using Nets?

Thanks!

There are typically not that many 5V connections to be made, so just use traces for them.
There are frequently a lot more ground connections, so I put those top & bottom so the traces don't get in the way of the signals.
Having +5V on one layer & Gnd on the other hasn't proven to be that useful when I've tried it. Electrically it would be ideal as the layers would help to act like an additional capacitor for the +5v.