Solid State Tesla coil

For those of you interested on Nikola Tesla engineering applied to Free Energy devices and Plasma healing devices in the spirit of Royal Rife engineering, you'll see my arduino mega board running in Part7 of my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/selfonlypath.

The demo is running with Time Driven software and opto-isolator but I shall release soon a Timer Driven software with ultra fast power mosfet isolator-driver in order to get 100% CPU time for more complex Zero Point Energy project.

Now that was beautiful! Especially the ones where the fingers didn't reach the outer glass are sheer beauty...
thx alot!

Just WOW, yo can play with it all day and still be fascinated.
Great work!!!

Heh, I've got to laugh every time I hear or see the term "zero point energy." There are legit uses for that term but 99.99% of the time the person using the term has no real idea as to what they are talking about. Do you really understand quantum electrodynamics?

Also... free energy... really? So all of the laws of thermodynamics are wrong then? Here I thought that energy could be neither created nor destroyed. I was also under the impression that entropy must always increase... Boy, don't I feel silly now.

Forget both free energy and zero point energy. Those terms are only useful for fleecing people out of their money.

If I were you I'd spend way more time learning about science and way less time chasing unicorns.

Thank you Otaconk2k and systemx for your kind comments about the artistic & relaxing aspect of such device. Please note that if you're confortable in building mosfet drivers and opto-isolators, just buy a plasma globe made in China (really cheap for 5" or 8" globe), remove its electronic board to only keep it High Voltage transformer & the globe. After you just need to PWM pulse it and here you go with so many beautiful patterns related to the tuning triplet (voltage amplitude, pulse length and frequency of pulses) which you command from arduino duamilanove or mega. Just be careful because this will become a solid state tesla coil which involves very high voltage.

Hey AdderD, yes I understand & practice quite well quantum electrodynamics which indeed is the key for such experiments as well as non commutative, non linear electro-magnetics and electronics topologies in order to design non-linear oscillators with shuttling circuits only manageable by software due to its tuning complexity. I've choosen arduino board because they are very cheap & easy to run on Windows, Mac OS & Linux plus arduino has worldwide distributors so anybody can easily reproduce such experiments.

it is true energy cannot be created or destroyed.
But it is possible to use existing energy infinitesimally without conversion.

Here I thought that energy could be neither created nor destroyed.

Yes, energy cannot be created or destroyed. The situation with science seems to be an incapacity of measuring all energies in our Universe hence creates an issue with conservation of energy's law. Some specific lab experiments breaks conservation of energy due to wrong modelling of input & output energies. This does not mean one should give up conservation of energy but only indicates that the actual model describing all available energies in nature is partially wrong.

Another aspect seems to be an incorrect understanding or realization of specific energy transformation, in particular between invisible and visible energies to compute correctly the overall energies at stake. Now, be careful to consider global conservation of energy versus local non-conservation of energy under specific experiments. There are specific techniques to create this local stress in order to succesfully transform non-visible energy to visible energy but it is tricky and dangerous. Nowadays, power electronics, alternative electro-magnetic components along with complex sofwtare switching algorithms.

Of course, I don't mean to discuss science of quantum electrodynamics, electro-gravitation, ultra-relativity and ultra-wide communications because it is not the purpose of this forum plus the subject can flame in no time unless the administrator authorize it.

Amicalement

Please note that if you're confortable in building mosfet drivers and opto-isolators, just buy a plasma globe made in China (really cheap for 5" or 8" globe), remove its electronic board to only keep it High Voltage transformer & the globe. After you just need to PWM pulse

Selfonlypath,
Would you care sharing with us the basics for producing the adequate signal to feed a small plasma ball, from an Arduino ?
Any pointer to a Web site ??
A simple circuit with only one mosfet should be adequate
Do we really need opto's for such a small device ??

TIA :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you care sharing with us the basics for producing the adequate signal to feed a small plasma ball, from an Arduino ?

No problem but have in mind this requires you have some good basics on high voltage safety & circuits.

Basically, just buy a plasma globe then deconstruct it fully to only keep the globe and its high voltage transformer. Then connect to the primary winding a mosfet which will be controlled by PWM signal generated by arduino. The trick is to control pulse length, frequency of pulse length and voltage which is almost never done by industry hence missing incredible applications for our society.

Any pointer to a Web site ??

Well, I had to train myself hard on this domain because not too much info about this so far which is why I started my YouTube channel plus also a private blog.

A simple circuit with only one mosfet should be adequate

I shall publish real soon a very fast version on YouTube but you can start with the slow version circuit I'm using on Part 7 based on 4N25 opto-coupler, 100R, 10K and mosfet IRF840.

Do we really need opto's for such a small device ??

Of course you do: just put you finger on high voltage winding while PWM pulsing the primary winding :wink: then imagine for some reason HV does not get to the globe in order to produce plasma, you might have HV skipping to primary winding and if for some reason mosfet gets destroyed it will goes direct to arduino then via USB to PC or Mac :frowning:

Thanks for your prompt response

Well, I had to train myself hard on this domain because not too much info about this so far which is why I started my YouTube channel plus also a private blog

I have seen the 7 videos; You really should build a web site, I strongly suspect that, beyond plasma technology, you have a lot of other ideas to share :wink:

The trick is to control pulse length, frequency of pulse length and voltage

Would you please let us have a relevant Arduino code snipet for the PWM management ??

TIA

Here I thought that energy could be neither created nor destroyed.

Yes, energy cannot be created or destroyed. The situation with science seems to be an incapacity of measuring all energies in our Universe hence creates an issue with conservation of energy's law. Some specific lab experiments breaks conservation of energy due to wrong modelling of input & output energies. This does not mean one should give up conservation of energy but only indicates that the actual model describing all available energies in nature is partially wrong.

You fellows who just make massive all encompassing statements as fact ought to slow down and start thinking for yourselves.

No one has proved the above .
We think this is the case but do not know for sure.
We can see into space and receive light waves we think originated 10 billion years ago (5 billion years before the earth is thought to have come into existence) but we do not know for sure.
While I have you there mentally , what do you think might be outside of that?

So settle down ,think and don't just spout what you have been taught at school. Einstein did'nt have all his theories correct and we are just now finding out that some ,possibly all are wrong.

selfonlypath
I for one would like to know more about what that coil is doing and where the commutator fits in . Can you elaborate with perhaps a short summary of what I am looking at on your video . Assume (correctly) that I have no knowledge of the devices or theories shown

I have seen the 7 videos; You really should build a web site, I strongly suspect that, beyond plasma technology, you have a lot of other ideas to share

Indeed I do have much more ideas and practical experiences to share but all this can be dangerous because quantum electrodynamics engineering aka Zero Point Energy engineering is connected with bio-energy.

I for one would like to know more about what that coil is doing and where the commutator fits in . Can you elaborate with perhaps a short summary of what I am looking at on your video . Assume (correctly) that I have no knowledge of the devices or theories shown

That is my plan but i still have not figure out what media is best, I started to write a book, I also have a private blog with much more details than I share on my YouTube channel. Maybe things should clear up with my real soon Part 8 video. My ovreall plan is to make very simple ZPE devices than anybody can reproduce which is why I elected arduino and right now learning java programming for the computer interface wether Mac, PC or Linux.

What I can tell you is such tech is related to non-linear oscillators with shuttling circuits which means new type of electronics & electro-magnetic circuits than can also be considered as parametric oscillators. Plasma or a coil are pushed to limits where they become non-linear but also with hysteris properties then you use these facts to bring stochastic resonance or entrainment in order to extract Free energy.

P.S. The mosfet commutator fits in the primary winding of the high voltage transformer.

Would you please let us have a relevant Arduino code snipet for the PWM management ??

In Part 7, I use this core code which consist to generate PWM by sofwtare

#define CPU_CLOCK 16000000.0
#define OVERHEAD_OUT 2.0 // 2 cycle to set ON or OFF the port driving MOSFET
#define OVERHEAD_LOOP 4.0 // 4 cycles to each iteration of delay_loop_2
#define OVERHEAD_USB_WHILE 5.0 // 3 cycles for USB RX check and 2 cycles for each while(true)

int duty_charge_on, charge_on, charge_off;
long freq;
int outputPin5 = 5;   // PORTE - Pin #3
float fperiod, fduty;

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  pinMode(outputPin5, OUTPUT);

freq=30000; // 30KHz scenario
  duty_charge_on=10; // 10%

fperiod=CPU_CLOCK / float(freq * 100);

fduty=fperiod*float(duty_charge_on);
  fduty = (fduty - OVERHEAD_OUT) / OVERHEAD_LOOP;
  charge_on=int(fduty+0.5);

fduty=fperiod*float(100 - duty_charge_on);
  fduty = (fduty - OVERHEAD_OUT - OVERHEAD_USB_WHILE) / OVERHEAD_LOOP;
  charge_off=int(fduty+0.5);
}

void loop()
{
  cli(); // turn off interrupts

while (true) { // start critical loop
// Turns ON coil charging opto-coupler #1 
    PORTE |= B1000;
    _delay_loop_2(charge_on);

// Turns OFF coil charging opto-coupler #1 
    PORTE &= B11110111;
    _delay_loop_2(charge_off);

// check usb port and if there is data.  Break out of loop to handle it
   if (UCSR0A & _BV(RXC0)) break; 
  } // end of time critical loop

sei();  // interrupts back on

// gets new parameter from USB Serial Monitor connected to Macintosh then update on board
  change_param();
}

In approximation an dfor low frequencies PWM, you have Frequency=16MHz/4/(charge_on+charge_off) and Duty cycle=charge_on/(charge_on+charge_off)

My new code which will be published on YouTube Part 8 is using arduino Timers to generate PWM

int outputPsuB = 45;  // Timer5-B

void setup()
{
// PSU outputs via timer5
  pinMode(outputPsuB, OUTPUT);  // select Pin as ch-B

TCCR5A = B00100011; // Phase correct PWM change at OCR5A
  TCCR5B = B10001;  // no prescaling the system clock
  OCR5A = 260; // 30769 Hz
  OCR5B = 26; // 10% PWM
  }

void loop()
{
// check usb port and if there is data then gets new parameter to update on board
   if (UCSR0A & _BV(RXC0)) change_param();
}

Change OCR5A and/or TCCR5A and/or TCCR5B to get other frequency=16MHz/2/prescaling/OCR5A
Change OCR5B to change duty cycle = OCR5B/OCR5A

Commonly known as a bullshit artist

Thanks for the code, I will experiment with it
Can I assume it is valid both for Duemilanove and Mega ??

Keep up the good job :wink:

I use for my ZPE lab both duamilanove and mega.

The mega code I gave you works also on duamilanove except you have to change pin allocation and timer allocation.

Please read this excellent & very helpful document http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rtHw_R6eVL140KS9_G8GPkA&gid=0 for correct pins and timers assignment.

Here is the link to the latest version of that spreadsheet: Arduino Pins - Google Sheets

Hey mem, as I reported to you on another thread, timer5 fully works (pin 44, 45 & 46) with arduino 15 version.

As I also reported, you can use timer1 fully hence pins 11, 12 and 13 (T1C) if you do not use T0A from timer0 without corrupting millis() and micros(). The only problem would be a bandwith issue since pin 13 has a LED in serie but this electronic issue, not software timer issue!

I'm using all these features everyday in my little lab using mega board and version 15.

I have added that to the spreadsheet, thanks

I suggest you also remove this comment on your spreadsheet

• functions not implemented on version 0015

as well as the * in front of pins 44,45 & 46

*PWM 5C
*PWM 5B
*PWM 5A

done, thanks