"Windows was unable to install your Arduino USB-Serial" (Solved!)

Merry christmas everyone :slight_smile:

I just got my first Arduino board this christmas, the Arduino Ethernet with the USB Serial Light Adapter.

I've tried this on 3 different computers, 2x Windows 7 64 bit, and Windows Server 2008 R2. The exact same results each time.

To explain my problem as good as possible, I've taken som screenshots and translated as good as i can with red color.

And after half a second of something that I have no time to read:

What to do? Please help :slight_smile:

are you plug in the arduino cable with usb tightly

It doesn't show in the photo, but when you're on the "search for driver software in this location" screen, are you going into the FTDI Drivers subdirectory? You have to make sure you're exactly on the drivers directory.

It's hard to explain but there's..

arduino1.0 -> drivers (select this) -> FTDI Drivers (don't select this)

Other than that, you might want to try redownloading the software or checking (somehow... this is far fetched) that your 8u2 is still in "serial converter" mode.

Download and use the inf file from the bottom of this page:

julianassan:
are you plug in the arduino cable with usb tightly

I have, I even tried another USB cable :slight_smile:

WizenedEE:
It doesn't show in the photo, but when you're on the "search for driver software in this location" screen, are you going into the FTDI Drivers subdirectory? You have to make sure you're exactly on the drivers directory.

It's hard to explain but there's..

arduino1.0 -> drivers (select this) -> FTDI Drivers (don't select this)

Other than that, you might want to try redownloading the software or checking (somehow... this is far fetched) that your 8u2 is still in "serial converter" mode.

Yep, I've choosen the right folder. I even tried all of the folders in fustration :sweat_smile:

It worked! Thank you so much! :smiley: