Ethernet shield hanging

I had a strange problem with a Arduino and Ethernet shield. My sketch uploads data to pachube.com. It was running fine for several days, then stopped uploading to pachube. I unplugged power from the arduino and it didn't fix the problem. I did this several times. Then I plugged the arduino into my laptop and ran the serial monitor. As soon as I got the serial monitor going, it started to successfully upload to pachube.com again. Now it's fine (for the time being). Any idea what's going on?

Any idea what's going on?

1. could be some weakness with your code, 2) could be something to do with pachube.com, or 3) other. Not a lot of info to work with.

ScottG:
As soon as I got the serial monitor going, it started to successfully upload to pachube.com again. Now it's fine (for the time being). Anyidea what's going on?

Since opening the Serial Montior causes your Arduino to reset, this suggests a problem in your code.

Removing power resets the Arduino also, so I don't see how that can be it. I'm wondering if starting the serial monitor does something different then just powering down, then back up again.

Removing power resets the Arduino also, so I don't see how that can be it. I'm wondering if starting the serial monitor does something different then just powering down, then back up again.

see below for a difference.