POST YOUR WORKBENCH

NOW!!!!!

http://www.cheesefactory.us/filecenter/arduino/PDR_0009.JPG

I,ve made my Arduino setup portable

Check http://ozybard.homeip.net/myarduino for photos and a description ::slight_smile:

Enjoy

Not a chance, all top secret you know, plus it doesn't always look as bad and messy as it appears, so no way. ;D

Lefty

You would have to go and start this now, Osgeld, when I am in the middle of cleaning up my shop! Well, maybe I can post my work-in-progress? Oh, and I love the can of Natty Ice there; now we know the true story!

:wink:

Ozybard:

That's a pretty nice setup; I recognize the JYE O-scope on the top, but what is the middle homebrew thing - digital analyzer? logic monitor? prototyping LCD?

When I get my shop fully reorganized (just put up some new pegboard this weekend!), I am planning to create a prototyping lab area, as well a soldering station of some sort on my workbench - right now everything is still "pull out, put back" in a toolbox, and it is getting old. I recently refurbished a nice PCB vise I purchased at a flea-market, and things are coming together for me to have a nice work area (and I aim to keep it that way this time 'round!). As part of my reorganization, I hope to get my milling machine completely setup (I have a Harbor Freight 47158 Micro Mill - they no longer sell it); its been "sitting in its grease" for a while, until I could afford to get the tooling for it, and that day is here once I can get around to ordering the parts.

Keep the pics coming, guys! I need more ideas!

:slight_smile:

Osgeld:

I am looking at the picture a little closer now, and Natty Ice comments aside, is that setup in a side closet or something (my first thought was that it was in the bathroom!)? It looks a little cramped!

:smiley:

Mine looks a little like Osgled, except with about 3 firestarter irons sitting around, no computer, and no oscilloscope.

Mine also has a few books about gunpowder lying around and one of those presses used to put a bullet into a casing ;D.

its in the corner of the spare bedroom of the apartment, and yea its cramped ... a 3x3 card table >:(

its in the corner of the spare bedroom of the apartment, and yea its cramped ... a 3x3 card table

I once lived in a single-bedroom apartment with my girlfriend where my "lab" was the walk-in closet; we put all our clothes in the hallway closet.

Later, when things became really cramped, I (somehow) ended up taking over the bedroom, and we moved our futon out into the living area where it became our couch/sleeping area. Our clothes stayed in the hall closet.

We eventually moved to a two-bedroom apartment where I could have my own room for my lab area; somehow she stayed with me during all of this and eventually married me.

She might've gotten a bad deal there!

;D

We now have our house, and I have one of the bedrooms (not the master - though she once proposed that I take it over!) for my office, and on the other side of the house is my small shop area, which I am renovating and reorganizing to turn into my robotics/arduino/electronics lab - I might post some pictures of it tonight (its nowhere near completed, but at least you can walk around in it now!)...

:slight_smile:

Not enough pictures, too many text descriptions in this thread!

Mine:

Not enough pictures, too many text descriptions in this thread!

That's 'cuz most of us lack the Photoshop skills needed to edit the clutter out of the pictures ::slight_smile:

clutter just makes it look real, if you post a clean desk we all know your lying

clean desk we all know your lying

Directed at macegr?

Hmm I couldn't get my bench that clean if I tried!
Well, not enough space for one.

Before anyone asks, no I'm not going to post my bench now but I will once I have sorted my new one out ;D

Mowcius

My bench is always immaculate. Clean desk = greater efficiency. I hate having to dig my tools out, route around if I drop something and I really hate knocking stuff on the floor. I will post pics tomorrow when Im back in the shop.

Alright, I give. Complete with labels! ;D

Oh, in case you're wondering, it's in the shed out back. It isn't heated. It gets cold during the winter :o.

Directed at macegr?

no there is enough clutter in that photo to be OK

Oh, in case you're wondering, it's in the shed out back. It isn't heated. It gets cold during the winter

yea when I was a Kid mine was out in the garage with no heat ... well a little space heater, beats pulling little tiny pieces of wire out of the carpet tho

Oh fine. This is a rather old picture (old computer, old monitor, no arduinos), but the overall style hasn't changed...

Here's part of my desk, I'll take a wider pic when i'm back home this weekend.

I need a lcd scope, as you can tell on mine, the old crt sucks up a third of my workspace *actually takes up more room than the 17 inch crt monitor i had there, footprint wise

Looks like with some clever engineering, you could mount it on the wall above the computer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, nice scope, what is the model? :o