Map with CC RGB LEDs. Multiplexing Common Cathode over TLC5940

Grumpy_Mike:

Is there any reason that I should be doing this project by multiplexing CA instead of CC?

Well apart from that is what you asked in your thread no.
Multiplexing with common anode is what I did in the Hexome and in the mini Monome Mini Monome

As multiplexing with the TLC5940 chip involves switching a positive supply to something, with common anode LEDs that something has to be a separate LED with the different colours going to different TLC chip pins. This is the more flexible because it allows you arrange what on / off ratio of multiplexing you want and also if like the Hexome you have one chip for each colour it allows the chips to be set at different currents to achieve a white balance directly in hardware.
With common cathode you are forced to switch the individual colours and put one LED through one TLC chip pin.

if I could just turn http://tlc5940arduino.googlecode.com/svn/wiki/images/breadboard-arduino-tlc5940_close.png into something multiplexed to require less wires,

Start off by looking at the schematic of that and seeing how it relates to the physical layout. It is not at all a difficult skill going from a schematic to physical layout. Once you have done one or two it will be second nature. It is very easy to spot errors in a schematic and it is virtually impossible to do this with a physical layout picture.

Thanks for all the info. You've helped clear up a good bit of the details I had remaining. Hopefully I'll put it to good use in the form of a tutorial for similar projects. 8)