Go Down

Topic: How many paid trolls are in this forum? (Read 2525 times) previous topic - next topic

dougp

I mean, Trump wouldn't be stupid/callous enough to Hellcat/Maverick (have they upgraded to Brimstone yet?) an entire bus, would he?
No.

And I'm sure the ever sensible Iranians wouldn't be stupid/callous enough to blow a commercial airliner full of innocents out the sky.  Oh, wait.
I don't trust atoms.  They make up everything.

No private consultations undertaken!

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL

You mean the one USS Vincennes downed?
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

dougp

So, not the Airbus that was climbing, and which wasn't diving to attack, as the US claimed?
I'm just trying to be sure here. (I really don't know what civil engineering operations the Iranians carried out after this downing)

I guess redeployment to the Pacific is a bit like bulldozing the crime scene.
Please don't PM technical questions - post them on the forum, then everyone benefits/suffers equally

dougp

Well, it took, what, eight years to settle the Vincennes incident?
So, it's early days.
Let's see how it goes?

Qdeathstar

A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

ballscrewbob

We are having a stupid argument.
Its a troll based thread so all bets are off.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Qdeathstar

A creaking creeping shadow
stiff against the freezing fog
glares at a tickless watch.

Time has failed him -- all things shall pass.

dougp

So, it's early days.
Let's see how it goes?
Agreed.  As bystanders we can't do much else.

Related computer software tidbit:

Listed on Wikepedia as a potential factor

The Aegis System software reuses tracking numbers in its display, constituting a user interface design flaw. The Aegis software initially assigned on-screen identifier TN4474 to Flight 655. Then just seconds before Vincennes fired, the Aegis software switched the Flight 655 tracking number to TN4131 and recycled Flight 655's old tracking number of TN4474 to label a fighter jet 110 miles away. When the captain asked for a status on TN4474, he was told it was a fighter and descending.[49] Scientific American rated it as one of the worst user interface disasters.[50]
I did not know that.

Agreed.  As bystanders we can't do much else.

Related computer software tidbit:

Listed on Wikepedia as a potential factor

I did not know that.
About that time, the standard DoD response to Aegis-class problems was to blame Windows NT.

Go Up