Go Down

Topic: How long is the slow boat from China? (Read 80 times) previous topic - next topic

Robin2

Jul 15, 2019, 07:22 pm Last Edit: Jul 15, 2019, 07:24 pm by Robin2
I ordered a small CNC router on Ebay on 16 June believing it to be in Edinburgh so it would arrive in 3 to 4 days max. I was told it was dispatched on 18 June. It still has not arrived and I presume it is actually coming from China. First it was going to be with me after 16 to 18 days and the most recent advice was tomorrow at the latest. Of course it might come tomorrow, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.

What is a reasonable length of time for something coming all the way from China to the UK?  Or, put another way, when should I give up and just order another one from a reliable supplier and start the process to get my money back?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

larryd

Jul 15, 2019, 10:21 pm Last Edit: Jul 15, 2019, 10:45 pm by larryd
Our Ebay slow boats from China, to central Canada, take 1.5 to 2 months.

However, I am convinced that customs is 2 Weeks of that.

Only had 2 out of ~50 orders that did not arrive.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

MAS3

How long is the slow boat from China?
These days they're about 400 meters long.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

larryd

There are the two orders that weren't delivered last year.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

TomGeorge

Hi,
Did the eBay seller have a table at the end of the eBay page for that item, showing expected delivery times?

Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Robin2

Jul 15, 2019, 11:39 pm Last Edit: Jul 15, 2019, 11:41 pm by Robin2
Did the eBay seller have a table at the end of the eBay page for that item, showing expected delivery times?
Unfortunately I did not keep a copy but I originally thought it was 2 days delivery - which would have been appropriate for an item in Edinburgh. However the confirmation email said it was due on 02 July and it is possible I made a mistake. Then on 3 July I was told it would be here at latest in 13 days - which is tomorrow.

And I am having it delivered "click and collect" to an Argos store and their system shows it due on 20 June.

The seller has responded to all my messages but has not actually provided any useful information. I'm half inclined to think the parcel is lost and he is just hoping it will turn up so he doesn't have to refund my money.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up