Uploading through an USB hub.

Hi

I get an error when I try to upload a sketch connecting my Arduino Uno to a USB hub (connected to the PC).

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

When I hookup the Arduino to a USB port on the PC its fine.

Does anybody know if/how I can resolve this?

Thanx,
Marc Jacobi

obiwanjacobi:
Hi

I get an error when I try to upload a sketch connecting my Arduino Uno to a USB hub (connected to the PC).

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

When I hookup the Arduino to a USB port on the PC its fine.

Does anybody know if/how I can resolve this?

Thanx,
Marc Jacobi

I don't know how to solve your error. But I can report that I operate my arduino's using a 4 port powered USB hub using Windows XP without issues.

Lefty

And just to confuse the issue even more, all my Arduino stuff connects fine when connected to a powered hub but an AVR Dragon doesn't, nor does my digital camera. Some items are finicky.

Marc,

By any chance you know the chipset of your USB hub? Are you running under Linux or Windows? It could well be a compatibility issue of the USB hub.

No, I dont know the chipset, sorry. It's this one (dutch).
I'm on windows xp sp4.

I've done some further experiments and my digital camera won't even connect unless I unplug the USB hub.
I had a cheapo USB hub in the past and got rid of it because of similar problems, but it seems all USB hubs suffer the same problem. My hunch is that it is a software/driver issue.

Check another Hub If its working fine so the old one has filer if not so ask about the problem agin