Go Down

Topic: spurious 'sticky' topics in Programming Questions section (Read 3868 times) previous topic - next topic

PeterH

I've noticed several ordinary-looking threads in the Programming Questions section recently which have been given 'sticky' status so they are pinned to the top of the list. Ordinary users don't get to control this as far as I know so I suppose that it's being done by moderators, and since there's no obvious reason for these threads to be marked sticky I guess it is being done by mistake. Any idea how/why this mistake keeps happening?

Grumpy_Mike

As I understand it there is some fault in the forum software that is doing this that has not been tracked down.
Report such posts to the moderators and they will unsticky them.

PeterH

Coding Badly

Probably AWOL traveling.  He has a low accuracy with touchscreens.

PaulS

Oh, man. That's not nice. You guys need to stick together, not stick it to each other.

Coding Badly

Riva

This is not the easiest site to navigate using an iThing and for me trying to sign out (or use any dropdowns) is almost impossible.
Don't PM me for help as I will ignore it.

PeterH

Does moderation involve using drop-down menus? If so, I'd view fixing that accessibility issue as a priority - more important than the clever but pointless features the site has acquired recently (scrolling page headers, shop integration with the forum, newsletter signup options on every page etc).

Coding Badly

A drop-down combobox but no menus.  At least not that I can remember.

AWOL

Probably guilty as charged - I have a history, usually on one of my tablets or phones.
If they're reported, I'll unstick 'em.

Go Up