Go Down

Topic: Real Arduino Mega not working (Read 3185 times) previous topic - next topic

ballscrewbob

@TheWind777

The com settings for USB can be over ridden by the IDE as it is not a true com port in that sense.
Just don't try to LOCK them down (except maybe the port itself on occasion) or you may get other issues !

BTW which sticky are you referring to as without some sort of link iot could be a few ?

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

akatchi

Apr 17, 2017, 11:56 am Last Edit: Apr 17, 2017, 12:02 pm by akatchi
If that CH340 disappears when you disconnect the Mega, you have a fake Mega, not a real one. Download and install CH340 driver.
COM3 uses my fake Arduino's, the CH340 drivers are already installed :D, but this is a real one and this one uses COM4, even tho my real Arduino Uno uses COM5.

MAS3

Well this is interesting, my Arduino Uno goes into the same USB port as this one and the Uno takes COM5.
The mega takes COM4, and when I go into the tab and try to change it to COM5 it says "COM5 in use"...

I have no idea what is using COM5.. it's on all the other PC's as well!
This is a Windows system.
It reserves COM5 for your Uno, so COM5 is already taken.
Even if it is not plugged in.
You can see what ports are taken/reserved in the list you'll see when browsing for a new manual assignment.
If you want to free those ports, plug in the device of which you know it has that assignment, and change that one (to COM25 or so, one that will be free for sure).
Now plug in your Mega, and tell it to use the now freed COM5.
After that COM4 should be available for your Uno or any other new serial device you plug in next.
Have a look at "blink without delay".
Did you connect the grounds ?
Je kunt hier ook in het Nederlands terecht: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html

akatchi

Well, thanks for all the help guys but came out that the Arduino itself is broken.. it had nothing to do with the drivers and such.

Go Up