0-10v

there are something on market to convert pwm output to 0-10v ?

Capacitor?? That will smooth it out if that is what you want.

Or are you after a variable voltage as you would have from a variable power supply's?

Weedpharma

try Google: Converting arduino PWM to analog

But that won’t get him 10 V. You will need a transistor and 10 V source to convert the 0 - 5 V PWM to a 0 -10 V one.

That would invert it but not sure if that matters. I would use a gain of 2 non-inverting op amp running off a 12V dc supply but you will probably say that's overkill.

Agreed. Smooth the PWM output with a dual RCRC network, then into a non-inverting Op Amp with gain of 2 off of a 12V supply.

The RCRC network needs to have a pretty low corner frequency to smooth the output. The Op Amp can be wired up as a higher order lowpass filter with a gain of 2.

Or an I2C DAC can give a much stabler output, run into the Op Amp.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12918

Agreed

I don't think anyone has ever agreed with me before....

raschemmel: I don't think anyone has ever agreed with me before....

That's true.

Whoaa! Two in a row!

That's not true!

I don't think anyone has ever agreed with me before....

That's true.

@Schpaget,

You wound me.

Oh, you'll get by.

How about a circuit to start some meaningful discussion?
Two transistors, some resistors - and a 10V supply.

That works.

Given the fact that the first pull-up resistor limits the current to the second transistor base, is the second series resistor necessary?

Could probably get away without it, yes.

Thank you Polymorph your is the best answer

I think many have misunderstood the question , what I meant is that the pwm is not exactly the best analogic output, but is suitable for specific applications , there are cases , many cases where you feel the need to control actuators what is a widely variable output 0-10v ! And ' likely that many have this need : what to do in this case to surrender or having to create a circuit from scratch or exists on the market a ready-made solution .

i hope the https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12918 may be correct , now i try it and i let you know.

Thanks everybody

have i nice Arduino days :)

pwm is not exactly the best analogic output

PWM is NOT analog output . PERIOD. It is what it is called: Pulse Width Modulation. It is not in any way ,shape or form an analog output. It CAN however be filtered with an RC LP FILTER which will still have some ripple (depending on the capacitance used) but can still function as an analog input to a 0 -10 V controlled device.

the need to control actuators what is a widely variable output 0-10v

This is clearly an analog (as in STEADY STATE) input and PWM in not suitable for this , period.

If you are asking for solutions , you best bet is a $5 12-BIT DAC: MCP4725

It uses I2C so you only need A4 & A5 to talk to it.

Attached is Grump_Mike’s
PWM to 0-10V “converter”

GM_pwm_to_0to10V.JPG

We understood the question just fine, you asked the wrong one.

"I need a continuously variable 0 - 10 V output."

The filtered op-amp will do it, or you need a DAC.

Attached is Grump_Mike’s PWM to 0-10V “converter”

I think you mean Crossroad’s , and that is an elegant way to incorporate the filtering into the inverter.
+1

My question is:
Since the input is PWM, wouldn’t that cap wind up changing the PWM to a triangle wave as the cap charges and discharges ?