1.44 inch TFT wiring?

Hi,

I've got an issue with http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-44-inch-Full-Color-128x128-SPI-TFT-LCD-Display-Module-replace-OLED-for-Arduino/252442556424?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I purchased it 6 months or so ago. and got it working a demo sketch on a Nano, icsp pins. But then my laptop died losing all my data and sketches, which was a bummer as I'd just bought a mega to play with.

I've just got a desk top, so am returning to playing with Arduino, but try as I might I can not get it running on the Mega (not tried my Nano again yet) the pin markings are misleading as the use of scl and sda makes it look like it's I2C not spi!?!? it's only 8 pins as there is no SD card on it, marked as follows.

1 GND (I know where this goes lol)
2 VCC (this too, 3.3v)
3 SCL (SPI clock) pin 52 on Mega2560?
4 SDA (SPI data in) pin 50?
5 RES (Reset)
6 DC (data command select) is this SPI SS? pin 53?
7 CS (chip select) which is either hardware set or I change the sketch to the pin I want to use.
8 BL (back light control)

So my question is am I getting the above correct, and therefore it's a library issue?

Many thanks for any help,

Phil.

It's on eBay page, scroll down further to see that. :slight_smile:

wilykat:

It's on eBay page, scroll down further to see that. :slight_smile:

Lol thanks for posting what's on the link that I posted in the first place, sorry you had to scroll down though, it is also in the photos at the top of the Fleebay item.

Anyway I got the screen running on a Nano, and I think I'm either missing the point OR it's my clone from the Chea'pdong district of China!?!?!

My pinout drawing is from google so that might be an issue, as in the past a had a google drawing that listed I2C SDA n SCL (A4, A5) on the digital side of things. which cost me a bunch of time as a noob.

I was expecting the TFT to work using SPI pins 10-13 SS, MISO, MOSI, SCK...but it only works (great btw) with SCK and MOSI up on the ICSP header.

Should it work down on pins 10-13? is it coz it's a clone? or am I a clown? who knows!

Phil.