1.8.3 IDE and Due Board

I have my drivers updated on the Due board, has been assigned a COM port.... however, I cannot find the board or the SAM Core in the Board Manager. Any assistance would be great.

It’s called “Arduino SAM Boards”:
Clipboard01.jpg

This is what I get in the Board Manager.

That indicates that Boards Manager is unable to access the internet to download the boards index file. Do you see any error messages in the black console window at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window after closing Boards Manager?

I am getting this:

http://downloads.arduino.cc/packages/package_index.json file signature verification failed. File ignored.

Try this:

  • Click the link on the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. This will open the Arduino15 (or similar folder name) folder.
  • Delete all files found at that location except for preferences.txt. Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt back up!
  • (in the Arduino IDE) Tools > Board > Boards Manager. Hopefully the package index will successfully download and you will be able to install Arduino SAM Boards.

I completed per your instructions and still no luck.

I did some searching through the Arduino IDE issue tracker and found a bug report where it seems that proxy handling issues could cause this: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/5887

Is it possible this could be an issue in your case?

Try this:

  • Sketch > Include library > Manage libraries
  • Wait for downloads to finish
  • Click "Close"

Do you see an error message shown in the console window after doing that?

Yes, it looks very similar if not exact. Here's my output from the instructions you provided:

java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.ui.LibraryManagerUI.lambda$onUpdatePressed$0(LibraryManagerUI.java:212) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.LibrariesIndexer.rescanLibraries(LibrariesIndexer.java:114) at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.LibrariesIndexer.setLibrariesFolders(LibrariesIndexer.java:106) at processing.app.BaseNoGui.onBoardOrPortChange(BaseNoGui.java:682) at processing.app.Base.onBoardOrPortChange(Base.java:1297) at processing.app.Base$11.actionPerformed(Base.java:1498) at processing.app.Base.rebuildBoardsMenu(Base.java:1474) at processing.app.Base$8.onIndexesUpdated(Base.java:1329) at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.ui.LibraryManagerUI.lambda$onUpdatePressed$0(LibraryManagerUI.java:210) ... 1 more Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.LibrariesIndexer.rescanLibraries(LibrariesIndexer.java:114) at cc.arduino.contributions.libraries.LibrariesIndexer.setLibrariesFolders(LibrariesIndexer.java:106) at processing.app.BaseNoGui.onBoardOrPortChange(BaseNoGui.java:682) at processing.app.Base.onBoardOrPortChange(Base.java:1297) at processing.app.Base.openLibraryManager(Base.java:1348) at processing.app.Base.lambda$rebuildImportMenu$2(Base.java:1062) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:376) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:833) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:877) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6533) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6298) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2236) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4525) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758) at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709) at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:86) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731) at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I was able to get this working. I isolated the issue to my company's network wasn't allowing for the SAM download. Once I connected to my private network, the download completed.