1.9.0 beta build 36 missing config entry?

Hi,

FYI

I downloaded the 1.9.0 beta build 36 and out of the box the avrdude.exe cannot be found while attempting to upload (exception with unexpanded '{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}' text) . I am on Win10.

I have added 'runtime.tools.avrdude.path=.' to the preferences file and it worked.
However, that entry disappeared after closing the IDE (preferences.txt got overwritten) but next time all worked.

Related to : Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/bin/avrdude" · Issue #17 · sparkfun/Arduino_Boards · GitHub

Regards,

Michal

michkrom:
I downloaded the 1.9.0 beta build 36 and out of the box the avrdude.exe cannot be found while attempting to upload (exception with unexpanded '{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}' text) . I am on Win10.

It works fine for me, also using Windows 10.

michkrom:
I have added 'runtime.tools.avrdude.path=.' to the preferences file and it worked.
However, that entry disappeared after closing the IDE (preferences.txt got overwritten)

You need to close the Arduino IDE before editing preferences.txt. However, you shouldn't need to add that entry to preferences.txt to get the Arduino IDE working.

michkrom:
Related to : Cannot run program "{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/bin/avrdude" · Issue #17 · sparkfun/Arduino_Boards · GitHub

Maybe in a general sense. Here's a more relevant issue report:

Which board do you have selected from the Tools > Board menu when this happens?