1 of 4 of myMKRs conssistently gets WL_CONNECT_FAILED

On all of my other boards (all MKR wifi 1010s), I've gone through the getting started with mkr and the connecting to wifi tutorial. Three of the boards can successfully connect with the updates suggested and the code provided (with very good signal strength as well), but the last MKR will consistently WL_CONNECT_FAILED (status 4). I have tried resetting and going through the steps a couple of times. Side note, I am only turning one on at a time.

Many of the previous forum posts I've seen talked about issue that wouldn't be able to affect only 1 of 4 arduinos (such as people not having 2.4 Ghz on their router), or they involve the MKR disconnecting after some time, which is not what I'm seeing. For long connections, I know the provided tutorial code won't try to reconnect, but that's not an issue for me right now.

How would I go about debugging this?

1 Like

randomperson360:
How would I go about debugging this?

Sounds like a hardware issue. I would load a BLE example into the failing MKR. If that fails, it is even more likely a hardware issue because BLE uses the same hardware but the firmware (most part of it) and sketch are different.

You could power the board via battery and measure the current. WiFi needs a lot of power. You should see a difference when WiFi is activated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.