1-Wire to I2C

Please, someone.

I want to use a temperature sensor (DS18B20) in an I2C only shield (Tentacle Mini), but this sensor is One Wire only. Can I write an I2C code to change the 1-Wire to I2C for this sensor? I think to use the DS2482-800 bridge, but I don't know how to do :'(

Thanks!

He, it's a shield. Just don't use the shield for it but a Arduino pin.

You can use more sensors on 1-wire. It is a bus and each DS18B20 has unique address.
If you need other sensors on I2C then you can use both I2C and 1-Wire. Arduino has specific pins for I2C and for 1W any digital.
And also, there exists converter I2C/1-Wire like DS2482. Adrduino will communicate only on I2C in such case.

iPhelps_: But I need to use Tentacle Mini cuz I'll use more sensors (all I2C), but just this temperature sensor is 1-wire.

I know, but it's a shield. It doesn't use all pins of an Arduino. Just check which pins it uses and don't use that for the 1-wire :)

Budvar10: You can use more sensors on 1-wire. It is a bus and each DS18B20 has unique address. If you need other sensors on I2C then you can use both I2C and 1-Wire. Arduino has specific pins for I2C and for 1W any digital. And also, there exists converter I2C/1-Wire like DS2482. Adrduino will communicate only on I2C in such case.

septillion: I know, but it's a shield. It doesn't use all pins of an Arduino. Just check which pins it uses and don't use that for the 1-wire :)

Thank you, guys. I understood, but I want to use I2C protocol. Do you recommend DS2482-800 bridgefor it, or it has another way in the code to set DS18B20 into I2C? There is my question.

The simplest way is to use directly connected DS18B20 (IMO). There is enough pins, so you can dedicate one. Why do you want to complicate things? If you are decided to use only I2C, you can choose sensor for I2C and not for 1W. Or the last possibility is to use I2C/1W transceiver but I think, it is the most complicated way.

iPhelps_: I understood

I don't think you do. The I2C shield may cover all the pins, I doubt it uses all. So just look up which pins are used by the shield and connect the 1-wire device to one of the pins that's not used by the shield. That's all you need to do.

@septillion
Aah…, I understood. (+1)