10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet on the Arduino

ok well I am trying to find out if there is any way to get 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet on the arduino. I ask because my project has a camera that connects through that interface to transmit live video back to a receiver. I will also have a WiFi interface from the Ethernet to allow it to pipe out the signal through WiFi. Just not sure if there is a way to accomplish the type of connection I need or if I will have to create/build one myself.

You can put an ethernet shield on the Arduino to provide external interface at that speed - however datat from the arduino to the shield will be limited to 8 Mbit/sec MAX, and then likely just in short bursts as your sketch has to move that data somewhere, make a decision on it, etc.

Thank you for the response CrossRoads it helped immensely. Since there is a data limiting between Arduino and Shield regardless of shield's capability I believe I will go with something else for my video handling. Though I will be using the Arduino (well multiple ones actually) for the rest of my project.

Probably a good idea.

Is there a 10/100/1000 Ethernet POE shield on the Arduino compatible with a Cisco Gigabit POE swicht?